Set Parameter To Model Relations() Method

Hi All,

In my model I have related tables and columns by BELONGS_TO and $criteria->with methods.

I want to make some param if to show this related data or not. Like in Control :

$ToursList = Tour::model( Tour, array('show_belongs_to'=>false ) )->getToursList(...

$this->render('index',array(

'dataProvider'=>$ToursList, ...

And in class definition :

class Tour extends CActiveRecord

{

private static $data_options = array();

public static function model( $className = __CLASS__, $options = array() )

{

self::$data_options = $options;

return parent::model($className);

}

public function relations()

{

if (!empty(self::$data_options['show_belongs_to']) and self::$data_options['show_belongs_to']) {

return array(

'belongs_to_category' => array(self::BELONGS_TO, 'Category', 'category_id'),

);

} else {

return array();

}

}

public function getToursList($list_output_format, $Tour_page = '', $filters = array(), $sort = '', $sort_direction = '')

{

$criteria = new CDbCriteria;

$criteria->alias = 'T';

if (!empty(self::$data_options['show_belongs_to']) and self::$data_options['show_belongs_to']) {

$criteria->with[] = 'belongs_to_category';

}

It works for my getToursList method, but I found error for my template :

/* @var $this TourController */

/* @var $dataProvider CActiveDataProvider */

<?php if ( $dataProvider->getTotalItemCount() > 0 ) : ?>  // On this line I get error:

Relation "belongs_to_state" is not defined in active record class "Tour".

Z:\home\localhost\www\local-yii-test.com\db\ar\CActiveFinder.php(226)

214             // named scope

215             $scopes=array();

216             if(($pos=strpos($with,':'))!==false)

217             {

218                 $scopes=explode(':',substr($with,$pos+1));

219                 $with=substr($with,0,$pos);

220             }

222             if(isset($parent->children[$with]) && $parent->children[$with]->master===null)

223                 return $parent->children[$with];

225             if(($relation=$parent->model->getActiveRelation($with))===null)

226                 throw new CDbException(Yii::t('yii','Relation "{name}" is not defined in active record class "{class}".',

227                     array('{class}'=>get_class($parent->model), '{name}'=>$with)));

229             $relation=clone $relation;

230             $model=$this->getModel($relation->className);

232             if($relation instanceof CActiveRelation)

233             {

234                 $oldAlias=$model->getTableAlias(false,false);

235                 if(isset($options['alias']))

236                     $model->setTableAlias($options['alias']);

237                 elseif($relation->alias===null)

238                     $model->setTableAlias($relation->name);

Stack Trace

+

Z:\home\localhost\www\local-yii-test.com\db\ar\CActiveFinder.php(296): CActiveFinder->buildJoinTree(CJoinElement, "belongs_to_state")

+

Z:\home\localhost\www\local-yii-test.com\db\ar\CActiveFinder.php(48): CActiveFinder->buildJoinTree(CJoinElement, array("belongs_to_state", "belongs_to_category", "belongs_to_subregion", "belongs_to_region"))

+

Z:\home\localhost\www\local-yii-test.com\db\ar\CActiveRecord.php(909): CActiveFinder->__construct(Tour, array("belongs_to_state", "belongs_to_category", "belongs_to_subregion", "belongs_to_region"))

+

Z:\home\localhost\www\local-yii-test.com\db\ar\CActiveRecord.php(1604): CActiveRecord->getActiveFinder(array("belongs_to_state", "belongs_to_category", "belongs_to_subregion", "belongs_to_region"))

+

Z:\home\localhost\www\local-yii-test.com\web\CActiveDataProvider.php(228): CActiveRecord->count(CDbCriteria)

+

Z:\home\localhost\www\local-yii-test.com\web\CDataProvider.php(224): CActiveDataProvider->calculateTotalItemCount()

+

Z:\home\localhost\www\local-yii-test.com\WebRoot\testdrive\protected\views\backend\tour\index.php(203): CDataProvider->getTotalItemCount()

Seems that is not good way of setting such parameter.

I tried to set param to relations() method, which is called before getToursList.

Which is better way?

I don’t understand what you’re trying to achieve with this. Scopes might be a better solution, but it’s not clear what problem you’re trying to solve.

I certainly don’t see any reason to alter which relations are available.

The reason to alter which relations are available is that main table Tour has a lot of columns(more 20) and many rows in database. Adding several related tables ( like category, regions, subregions, states ) many columns are added to any rows retriveed from database. Somethimes we need to retrieve these related tables but sometimes not.

In last case I want to reduce data retrieved from database and I want to make it like parameter "retrieve_related_tables" and do not like idea of creating 2 models or 2 different menthods.

At least I want to try.

It seems that Scopes is something different what I need.

CActiveRecord doesn’t retrieve any relational data unless you instruct it to do so.

I want to explain that I prefer other way of manipulating of data then more common :

$posts=Post::model()->with('author')->findAll();

Say for selection of Categories I use function:

public function getCategoriesList( $list_output_format, $page = '', $filters = array(), $sort = '', $sort_direction = '' )

{

if ( $list_output_format!= Appfuncs::$LIST_OUTPUT_FORMAT_COUNT and $list_output_format!= Appfuncs::$LIST_OUTPUT_FORMAT_DATA_PROVIDER and $list_output_format!= Appfuncs::$LIST_OUTPUT_FORMAT_LIST ) {

$list_output_format!= Appfuncs::$LIST_OUTPUT_FORMAT_DATA_PROVIDER; // default value

}

$enablePagination= Yii::app()->controller->app_config['enablePagination'];

$admin_pageSize= Yii::app()->controller->app_config['admin_pageSize'];

$pagination_filters= Appfuncs::copy_filters_array( $filters, 'filter_',true);

if ( empty($sort) ) $sort= 'C.name';

if ( $list_output_format == Appfuncs::$LIST_OUTPUT_FORMAT_COUNT ) $page= '';

$criteria=new CDbCriteria;

if ( !empty($filters['show_related_tours_count']) and $filters['show_related_tours_count']) {

$criteria->select = ' ( select count(*) from tbl_tour as T where T.category_id = C.id ) as related_tours_count, C.* ';

}

$criteria->alias = 'C';

if (!empty($filters['name'])) {

$criteria->compare( 'name',  $filters['name'], true );

}

if ( !$enablePagination ) {

$PaginationObj= false;

$criteria->limit= -1;

$criteria->offset= -1;

} else {

$PaginationObj= ( $list_output_format == Appfuncs::$LIST_OUTPUT_FORMAT_DATA_PROVIDER ? array('pageSize'=> $admin_pageSize,

'params'=> $pagination_filters ) : false );

}

if($list_output_format == Appfuncs::$LIST_OUTPUT_FORMAT_COUNT) {

return Category::model()->count($criteria);

} else {

$criteria->order = $sort . ' ' . $sort_direction;

$ActiveDataProvider= new CActiveDataProvider(get_class($this), array(

'criteria'=>$criteria,

'pagination'=> $PaginationObj,

));

if ( $list_output_format == Appfuncs::$LIST_OUTPUT_FORMAT_DATA_PROVIDER ) {

return $ActiveDataProvider;

}

if ( $list_output_format == Appfuncs::$LIST_OUTPUT_FORMAT_LIST ) {

return $ActiveDataProvider->getData();

}

}

}

The main advantage is that setting to $list_output_format different value I get 3 different results type:

Appfuncs::$LIST_OUTPUT_FORMAT_COUNT - I need to get number of objects

Appfuncs::$LIST_OUTPUT_FORMAT_DATA_PROVIDER - get List of data in object for filling of CListView

Appfuncs::$LIST_OUTPUT_FORMAT_LIST ) - get List of data for manual filling of say selection input

In $filters array are names/values of filters. If flag show_related_tours_count is set then to this sql column related_tours_count based on subquery is added.

If for this table something is changed, say new fields added or for some fields condition is changed then I have to change only 1 function, not sevearl.

Actually that was the reason(when I used Symfony1(propel)), I started writing such common function instead of several functions.

In control I wrote like :

$filters_array = array('name' => $filter_name, 'show_related_tours_count'=>true);

$CategoriesList = Category::model()->getCategoriesList( Appfuncs::$LIST_OUTPUT_FORMAT_DATA_PROVIDER, $Category_page, $filters_array, $sort, $sort_direction);

For the table with many fields there can be several conditions. Say for Tour table with many fields and many search criterias:

<?php

public function getToursList($list_output_format, $Tour_page = '', $filters = array(), $sort = '', $sort_direction = '')

{

if ($list_output_format != Appfuncs::$LIST_OUTPUT_FORMAT_COUNT and $list_output_format != Appfuncs::$LIST_OUTPUT_FORMAT_DATA_PROVIDER and $list_output_format != Appfuncs::$LIST_OUTPUT_FORMAT_LIST) {

$list_output_format != Appfuncs::$LIST_OUTPUT_FORMAT_DATA_PROVIDER;

}

$enablePagination = Yii::app()->controller->app_config['enablePagination'];

$admin_pageSize = Yii::app()->controller->app_config['admin_pageSize'];

$pagination_filters = Appfuncs::copy_filters_array($filters, 'filter_', true);

if (empty($sort)) $sort = 'T.name';

if ($list_output_format == Appfuncs::$LIST_OUTPUT_FORMAT_COUNT) $Tour_page = '';

$criteria = new CDbCriteria;

$criteria->alias = 'T';

$criteria->with[] = 'belongs_to_state'; // table Tour may have 4 related tables

$criteria->with[] = 'belongs_to_category';

$criteria->with[] = 'belongs_to_subregion';

$criteria->with[] = 'belongs_to_region';

}

$sql_select_string = '';

$is_tour_stars = false;

if (!empty($filters['show_reviews_count']) and $filters['show_reviews_count']) { // show reviews_count field based on subquery

$tour_stars_text = '';

if (!$is_tour_stars) {

$is_tour_stars = true;

$tour_stars_text = ', 	T.*';

}

$sql_select_string .= ($sql_select_string != '' ? ',' : '') . ' ( select count(*) from tbl_tour_review as TR where TR.tour_id = T.id and TR.status = \'A\' ) as reviews_count ' . $tour_stars_text;

}

if (!empty($filters['show_reviews_avg_rating']) and $filters['show_reviews_avg_rating']) { // show reviews_avg_rating field based on subquery

$tour_stars_text = '';

if (!$is_tour_stars) {

$is_tour_stars = true;

$tour_stars_text = ', 	T.*';

}

$sql_select_string .= ($sql_select_string != '' ? ',' : '') . ' ( select avg(TR.stars_rating_type_id) as stars_rating_type_id from tbl_tour_review as TR where TR.tour_id = T.id and TR.status = \'A\' ) as reviews_avg_rating ' . $tour_stars_text;

}

if (!empty($sql_select_string)) {

$criteria->select = $sql_select_string;

}

if (!empty($filters['feature'])) {  // several filters - any can be filled or empty

$criteria->compare('T.feature', $filters['feature']);

}

if (!empty($filters['status'])) {

$criteria->compare('T.status', $filters['status']);

}

if (!empty($filters['region_id'])) {

$criteria->compare('T.region_id', $filters['region_id']);

}

if (!empty($filters['subregion_id'])) {

$criteria->compare('T.subregion_id', $filters['subregion_id']);

}

if (!empty($filters['category_id'])) {

$criteria->compare('T.category_id', $filters['category_id']);

}

if (!empty($filters['state_id'])) {

$criteria->compare('T.state_id', $filters['state_id']);

}

if (!empty($filters['user_id'])) {

$criteria->compare('T.user_id', $filters['user_id']);

}

if (!empty($filters['price_from']) and !empty($filters['price_till'])) {

$criteria->addBetweenCondition('T.price', $filters['price_from'], $filters['price_till'] /*, 'OR'*/);

} else {

if (!empty($filters['price_from'])) {

$criteria->compare('T.price', '>=' . $filters['price_from']);

}

if (!empty($filters['price_till'])) {

$criteria->compare('T.price', '<' . $filters['price_till']);

}

}

if (empty($filters['sort_by'])) { // sort by given columns

$criteria->order = $sort . ' ' . $sort_direction;

} else {

switch ($filters['sort_by']) {  // sort by given conbination of columns

case "tours_by_feature_price":

$criteria->order = ' T.feature asc, T.price asc ';

break;

case "review_rating":

$criteria->order = 'T.feature asc, reviews_avg_rating desc';

break;

case "tours_by_feature_name":

$criteria->order = 'T.feature asc, T.name asc';

break;

}

}

$criteria->join = 'LEFT JOIN tbl_category as c ON c.id = T.category_id';

if (!$enablePagination) {

$PaginationObj = false;

$criteria->limit = -1;

$criteria->offset = -1;

} else {

$PaginationObj = ($list_output_format == Appfuncs::$LIST_OUTPUT_FORMAT_DATA_PROVIDER ? array('pageSize' => $admin_pageSize,

'params' => $pagination_filters) : false);

}

if ($list_output_format == Appfuncs::$LIST_OUTPUT_FORMAT_COUNT) {

return Tour::model()->count($criteria);

} else {

$ActiveDataProvider = new CActiveDataProvider(get_class($this), array(

'criteria' => $criteria,

'pagination' => $PaginationObj,

));

if ($list_output_format == Appfuncs::$LIST_OUTPUT_FORMAT_DATA_PROVIDER) {

return $ActiveDataProvider;

}

if ($list_output_format == Appfuncs::$LIST_OUTPUT_FORMAT_LIST) {

$ListData = $ActiveDataProvider->getData();

foreach ($ListData as $key => $TourRow) {

if (!empty($filters['show_default_image'])) { // in case we need to show image of tour - fill this field

$ListData[$key]->default_image_path = $this->get_default_image_path($TourRow->id);

}

}

return $ListData;

}

}

}

And in controll I call it :

$ToursObj = Tour::model( Tour, array('show_belongs_to'=>true) )->getToursList(Appfuncs::$LIST_OUTPUT_FORMAT_DATA_PROVIDER, $page,

array(  'category_id'=> $category_id, 'state'=> $state, 'status'=>'A', 'state'=> $state,'active_tours_list'=>$filter_active_tours_list, 'flag_show_default_image'=>true, 'tours_rows_on_page'=>$tours_rows_on_page, 'show_reviews_count'=>true, 'show_reviews_avg_rating'=>true, 'show_default_image'=> true, 'sort_by'=>$sort_by), $sort,

$sort_direction );

?>

I used similar data retrieve functions in Symfony 1 with propel and in CI with ActiveRecord. You can say that above function is to big and

programmer can confuse something: programmer can alway confuse himself and others and all make errors.

As for me this function is well structered. For this table in backend and frontend can be filled different combinations of search fields or non at all.

And it seems to me more flexible(maybe I ma wrong) then to write similar in syntax like below:

$posts=Post::model()->with('author')->findAll();

And again, if for this table something is changed, say new fields added or for some fields condition is changed then I have to change only 1

function, not several functions.

And here I come to the point I started the topic that fer this big Tour table I show data of several related table

and I want to add condition if to show data of several related tables or not like rows in getToursList method :

But before calling getToursList I have someway to set ‘show_belongs_to’ parameter also for public function relations() of this model :

as relations is called before getToursList() in calling

Tour::model( )->getToursList(...

I hope I explained clearly what I want...

Thank you for your patience&#33;