Session Suddenly Stop Working

After a server update (My server has Centos 6.5 final ) the login stopped working.

I used the default authentication method and after a successful login I’m redirecting the user to the backend module.

This was working perfectly.

public function actionLoginForm(){

if(Yii::app()->user->isGuest)

{

$model=new LoginForm;

if(isset($_POST['LoginForm']))

{

$model->attributes=$_POST['LoginForm'];

// validate user input and redirect to the backend page if valid

if($model->validate() && $model->login())

{

Yii::log("User ".Yii::app()->user->name." logged in.", CLogger::LEVEL_INFO, "FrontSite.login");

$this->redirect(Yii::app()->baseUrl."/index.php/UserBackend/Panel/home");                                

}

else{

$this->redirect(Yii::app()->baseUrl."/index.php/frontSite/login");

}

}

// display the login form

$this->renderPartial('login-form',array('model'=>$model));

}

else

{

$this->renderPartial('login-form');

}

} 

When the credentials are correct, the user before the redirect is logged in. I know this cause if I check with “Yii::app()->user->isGuest” I’m getting false.

But after the redirect, in the Panel/home action, the same isGuest function returns TRUE and because user is not logged in, the system redirects him back to index page with a "302 Moved Temporarily" message on the chrome console for the loginForm action.

Why is the session disappear after redirect?

And why this is happening after the system update.

PHP version is 5.3.3.

It looks like a session storing problem. Check your configuration and privileges.

Fixed it. it was a configuration issue that previously hasn’t been a problem. I don’t know what changed though.

The session name in my main.php CDbHttpSession configuration had a space. I removed that and now it’s working again.