Saving To Database Only If Ajaxsubmitbutton Is Clicked

I am having some issues with saving a form. I have a form that lives inside a CJuiTab and an ajaxSubmit button that serializes the data to my controller, where the form is processed and saved. The problem is that the form is saved every time I focus out of a field, resulting in multiple new records. I want to execute my save method only when the ajaxSubmitButton is clicked, but my $_POST values do no include the ajaxSubmitButton id or name attributes to check against.

How can I make the controller detect when the user actually clicks the button so I can save only on click for the $_POST using the ajaxSubmitButton name or id?

View:

echo CHtml::ajaxSubmitButton(

$model->isNewRecord ? 'Save' : 'Update',                        

$this->createUrl('//HelpDesk/CaseEntry',array('case_number'=>$model->case_number)),                        

array(                                

'update'=>'#CaseForm',

'data'=>'js:$("#case_form").serialize()',

),

array(                                                                

'id'=>'save',

'name'=>'save',      

));

Controller:

public function actionCaseEntry(){

$model = $this->getModel();

if(Yii::app()->getRequest()->getIsAjaxRequest()){

print_r($_POST); //shows only form fields, not ajaxSubmitButton

/*

So I can't do something like this: 

if($_POST['HelpDesk']['save']){ 

//save here 

}

*/ 

if(isset($_POST['HelpDesk'])){                    

$model->attributes = $_POST['HelpDesk'];

if(isset($_REQUEST['save'])){

Yii::app()->user->setFlash("success","save detected!");                                                

}

else{

Yii::app()->user->setFlash("error","save not detected!");                        

}

//proceeding with save. (want this only when button is actually clicked):

if($model->validateCase()){                                                

//do save/update:                        

if($model->save(false)){                            

$action = ($model->isNewRecord == true) ? "saved" : "updated";

Yii::app()->user->setFlash("success","Case #".$model->incident_id." ".$action."!");                            

}

else{

Yii::app()->user->setFlash("error","Case not saved!");

print_r($model->getErrors());                            

}

}

else{

Yii::app()->user->setFlash("error","Validation Error!");

print_r($model->getErrors());

}

}

}            

$this->renderPartial('_case',array('model'=>$model),false,true);            

}

Any ideas?

I see that pass case_number as parameter in ajax button so in controller check for that with

if(isset($_GET['case_number'])) {

//now save the model!

}