RealSelf.com - 1.5 million monthly visitors

All of our form queries use ActiveRecord. We use DAO for many of our complex select statements on model views. It makes sense to use an explicit query with DAO when that query will be run millions of times before a schema change occurs.

BTW, I’m on vacation for the next 2 weeks so expect replies after the 24th.

Nice! Congrats!

Thanks for your answer and happy vacation then.

An alternative solution is presented in this Wiki article.

Can someone do a comparative with also PostgreSQL ?

PostgreSQL works just fine. Russia Today’s MeetFrieds runs on it and Yii 1.0.

I know that it’s working fine, I was just wondering if there is a gap between mysql and postgresql

StErMi, as far as I’m concern we are not discussing a gap between two different RDBMSes here but the difference (gap) between using an older framework and switching to Yii with using the same RDBMS. Only this way you can correctly evaluate performance change between frameworks and that’s what this topic started from (though got a bit off-topic by the way! :])

This is a great site.

Yet another proof of the power of Yii

Is RealSelf.com is open source?

No.

Hello,

may I ask you what the hardware setup for RealSelf.com is? Is the website running on single server or over multiple servers?

Thank you for your answer!

Cheers

Wow. Great performance!

Congratulation on your project!

wow, cool. B)

Nice to see the speed increase* even without memcache =)

edit*

Lol nice performance. Nothing in comparable to drupal lol :mellow:

Given that the core of Drupal is CMF, what sort of CMS do you use on yii? Any recommendation?

Great post Eric.

I’m in the same situation with a client project and it never occured to me that Yii could be an alternative to Drupal before I read your post and blog.

Tx for sharing.

Really nice performance with this load