Rbac Assignments With A Custom User Admin Module

Hi there, I was hoping someone could help me with an RBAC problem – I’ve read the wiki, but have a couple of questions.

1. My install of RBAM went well – so I have a place to edit RBAC data. However, I’ve already built a user admin module into my current app w/ lot’s of special functionality. Am I to create users in my app (with my module), and then go to the RBAM module and assign rights there? Or is it fairly easy to integrate RBAC assignments in my custom user admin module? I suppose I just don’t understand how to integrate RBAC with my user module on the backend.

2. So, after becoming a bit frustrated with RBAC, I decided to do kind of a simple RBAC in my user admin module, where I have a table called “user_privilege” that is just one level deep – I assign privileges to this table with a simple checkbox and then extend CWebUser and implement a simple checkAccess function. I suppose the deeper, nested rbac would serve me better in the long run – I just can’t figure out how to integrate it with my already-built user admin module.

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks, Bryan

I suppose you can add the RBAM module as a submodule of your user admin module