Qtip2 Not Working

Hi,

I am trying to get qtip2 to work in one of my yii pages. I have added the libraries and code according to the guides, and an equivilent html version seems to work fine, however I get no errors nor any tooltips. The qtip seems to be working because the following code is added to the element I am trying to display a tooltip on.

aria-describedby="qtip-0" data-hasqtip="0"

I found some posts mentioning this issue but they were to do with a conflict with something called "isotope" which I dont have loaded.

I feel the issue is related to the libraries I am loading, as it seems to be assigning qtip to the correct element.

These are the libraries I am loading on the page

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/assets/cacb35fc/bootstrap/css/bootstrap.min.css" />

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/assets/cacb35fc/css/bootstrap-yii.css" />

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/assets/cacb35fc/css/jquery-ui-bootstrap.css" />

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/css/matchsheet.css?1411853071" />

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/assets/aebe7e66/fileuploader.css" />

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/js/qtip2/jquery.qtip.min.css" media="0" />

<script type="text/javascript" src="/assets/5cbdefd4/jquery.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="/assets/cacb35fc/bootstrap/js/bootstrap.min.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="/assets/cacb35fc/js/bootstrap-noconflict.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="/assets/cacb35fc/bootbox/bootbox.min.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="/assets/cacb35fc/notify/notify.min.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="/js/jquery-ui-no-conflict.min.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="/js/compsettings.js?1411853071"></script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="/assets/aebe7e66/fileuploader.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="/js/qtip2/jquery.qtip.min.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="/js/qtip2/imagesloaded.pkg.min.js"></script>

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Greg J

why not use bootstrap tooltip?!

Hi I think you may use this and may be some helpful

http://www.yiiframework.com/forum/index.php/topic/32840-yii-show-tooltip-in-cgridview-table-value/page__view__findpost__p__200781

it’s easy

I use Yiibooster tooltips at the moment but it doesnt quite cut the grade. For example, I cant work out how to put in line breaks (ive read heaps of solutions for this but none seem to work for me) or left align text, its always centered.

Is bootstrap tooltips different to this?

Ive had a bit of a look at tooltipster which seems to have all the settings I need so if I cant resolve this issue with qTip ill probably look at that next.

Cheers

Greg J

this is example :

in your head tag :

Yii::app()->clientScript->registerCoreScript('jquery');

Yii::app()->clientScript->registerCoreScript('jquery.ui'); 

Yii::app()->clientScript->registerScriptFile(Yii::app()->request->baseUrl . '/js/lib/bootstrap.min.js', CClientScript::POS_HEAD);

Yii::app()->clientScript->registerScriptFile(Yii::app()->request->baseUrl . '/js/reporting.js', CClientScript::POS_HEAD);

reporting.js :

$("#navigation li a").tooltip({

placement:left,

trigger:"hover",

html:true,

container:"body"

});

where do I get ‘/js/reporting.js’ from. doesn’t seem to be an existing file in my site files

this file should make yourself