Problem Adding Base Class First Before Adding Sub Class

from view file, I wanted to pass the values of priority and request_type to be used in saving parentModel.

In this part, i’m having problem passing these values also. what would be the best option to do?

I tried using createUrl however controller cannot recognize it (or i’m not doing it right).

controller

public function actionCreate()

{

$childModel=new RequestDetails;

$childModel->request_number = $_GET['request_number'];

$priority = $_GET['priority'];

$request_type = $_GET['request_type'];

// Uncomment the following line if AJAX validation is needed

// $this->performAjaxValidation($model);

if(isset($_POST['RequestDetails']))

{

$childModel->attributes=$_POST['RequestDetails'];

if($childModel->save()){

$parentModel = Request::model()->findByPk($childModel->request_number);

if ($parentModel === null) {

$parentModel = new Request;

$parentModel->request_number = $childModel->request_number;

$parentModel->request_type = $request_type;

$parentModel->priority = $priority;

$parentModel->save();

}

$this->redirect(array('//po/local/request/update','id'=>$childModel->request_number));

}

}

$this->render('create',array(

'childModel'=>$childModel,

));

}

Please help. Thanks.

can you explain what you trying to achieve

from my view form I will set there the parentModel->priority and parentModel->request_type values and request_number which is auto-generated

then I created a url to access the create action of childModel controller along with the parentModel->request_number

I wanted to pass parentModel->priority and parentModel->request_type values also to childModel controller because it will be needed when saving the parentModel

if there is no corresponding parentModel created yet (parentModel HAS_MANY relationship to childModel, request_number is foreign_key to childModel) when creating a childModel, it will create first a parentModel then create a childModel

I am using this code to find if there is an existing parentModel using the request_number

$parentModel = Request::model()->findByPk($childModel->request_number);

you may refer to my first post for my childModel controller create code

questions:

1. What is the best way to pass values from view to different controller other than createUrl?

2. checking from my controller code, am I doing it right?

Thanks in advance.

Sessions? http://www.yiiframework.com/doc/api/1.1/CBaseUserIdentity#setState-detail & http://www.yiiframework.com/doc/api/1.1/CBaseUserIdentity#getState-detail

Edit: Yeah well that means you run first… a controller action anyway. So it’s not really a solution to your concern. You only want to pass a value (that is not in a form) to a given controller?

Dear Friend

I am not able to comprehend what exactly you want.

Kindly check whether the follwing is helpful.

We have got a controller,Test.

We have a view link.

link.php

$param='bar';

$name='foo';

$value=1;

echo CHtml::link(CHtml::encode('doSomething'),array('test/something','param'=>$param,'value'=>$value,'name'=>$name));

Test.php

public function actionSomething($param,$value,$name) {

if($_GET==NULL) $this->render('link');

else{

//Do something with $param,$value and $name.

}

}

NOTE: By default all GET parameters are available for action parameter binding in a controller method.