Postgres, Foreign keys, and double quotes

I am new to this forum and Yii so please forgive me if I am reposting or reveal some ignorance about how Yii works.

I am using Postgres 8.2.3 with PHP 5.2.8. I have a database schema with a number of tables where both the table names and columns have mixed case. In order to preserve case I must surround my tables and columns in double quotes.

When I try to define relations in one of my models I run into trouble. Yii requires I include the double quotes when I specify the foreign key (because the schema stores the foreign keys with the double quotes). The problem is then CDbSchema::quoteColumnName() adds more double quotes!

I am not sure what the best fix is for this… or if I'm just doing something silly. I added quoteColumnName to CPgsqlSchema and modified it to only add double quotes if the given name does not have them but I am not sure this is really a fix.

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated. If you need more info let me know :)

Examples:

Simplified Schema:

CREATE TABLE "Account"

(

"accountID"		BIGSERIAL 	PRIMARY KEY,

"name"		VARCHAR(256) 	NOT NULL

);

CREATE TABLE "User"

(

"userID" 		BIGSERIAL 	PRIMARY KEY,

"accountID" 	BIGINT		NOT NULL REFERENCES "Account" ON DELETE CASCADE ON UPDATE CASCADE

);

From the User model:

public function relations()

{

return array(

'account' => array(self::BELONGS_TO, 'Account', '"accountID"')

);

}

Nope, you shouldn't add double quotes in relations. Where did you learn about this?

If I do not use the double quotes I receive the following CDbException:

The relation "account" in active record class "User" is specified with an invalid foreign key "accountID". The foreign key does not point to either joining table.

If I var_dump (or similar) $fke->_table->foreignKeys in CActiveFinder::joinOneMany(), I see that the key does have the extra double quotes:

array(1) {

[""accountID""]=>

array(2) {

[0]=>

string(6) "Account"

[1]=>

string(10) ""accountID""

}

}

I'm not sure why it has extra double quotes, but it does and therefore joinOneMany (and perhaps other join functions, I didn't test) cannot find the foreign key. This is what made me try adding the double quotes in relations.

I realize I should have mentioned this at the start. I was a bit tired when I posted previously.

Could you please execute the following SQL and let me know what the result is?

SELECT conname, consrc, contype, indkey FROM (

SELECT

conname,

CASE WHEN contype='f' THEN

pg_catalog.pg_get_constraintdef(oid)

ELSE

'CHECK (' || consrc || ')'

END AS consrc,

contype,

conrelid AS relid,

NULL AS indkey

FROM

pg_catalog.pg_constraint

WHERE

contype IN ('f', 'c')

UNION ALL

SELECT

pc.relname,

NULL,

CASE WHEN indisprimary THEN

'p'

ELSE

'u'

END,

pi.indrelid,

indkey

FROM

pg_catalog.pg_class pc,

pg_catalog.pg_index pi

WHERE

pc.oid=pi.indexrelid

AND EXISTS (

SELECT 1 FROM pg_catalog.pg_depend d JOIN pg_catalog.pg_constraint c

ON (d.refclassid = c.tableoid AND d.refobjid = c.oid)

WHERE d.classid = pc.tableoid AND d.objid = pc.oid AND d.deptype = 'i' AND c.contype IN ('u', 'p')

)

) AS sub

WHERE relid = (SELECT oid FROM pg_catalog.pg_class WHERE relname='User'

AND relnamespace = (SELECT oid FROM pg_catalog.pg_namespace

WHERE nspname='public'))

Sure thing. Thanks for the help!

conname       |                                              consrc                                              | contype | indkey 

---------------------+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+---------+--------

User_accountID_fkey | FOREIGN KEY ("accountID") REFERENCES "Account"("accountID") ON UPDATE CASCADE ON DELETE RESTRICT | f       | 

User_pkey           |                                                                                                  | p       | 1

(2 rows)

Thanks. I just checked in the fix.

Oh great! Thanks!  :)

Just in case anyone else happens upon this thread, you should get

CPgsqlSchema

out of svn, not just CDbSchema. I hope that saves someone the 20 mins it took me to figure out what I did wrong!