Please help with module access control

Having such a hard time figuring this out.

I have an app which has an admin module. I have a beforeControllerAction in my module file to check if user isGuest and if so I redirect them to login. Thats great.

What I have in my users table besides name, email, password, etc. is a field for isAdmin.

If isAdmin=0 they are a ‘user’ and isAdmin=1 they are admin.

I need to be able to restrict ‘users’ from the admin sections, allow admins only. How should I proceed?

In the access controloe set the actions that are only for the admin.

public function accessRules()

{

return array(

array('allow',  // allow all users to perform 'index' and 'view' actions

'actions'=>array('index','view'),

'users'=>array('@'),

),

array('allow', // allow authenticated user to perform 'create' and 'update' actions

'actions'=>array('create','update'),

'users'=>array('@'),

),

array('allow', // allow admin user to perform 'admin' and 'delete' actions

'actions'=>array('admin','delete'), // Add all the actions that are performed by the admin only

'users'=>array('admin'),

),

array('deny',  // deny all users

'users'=>array('*'),

),

);

}

Thanks.

I did something a bit different. I am not using AccessRules because I want a simple solution to stop all non-admin access to any part of the admin module.

In my users table I have a simple isAdmin flag. 0=user, 1=admin. At login I evaluate the result of that flag and use setState to save user role.

What I ended up doing was using the beforeAction function in my admin base controller. I have two conditions in this function:

If a guest, redirect to login form.

If role is not admin, throw a 403 forbidden.

This way, I have all my other admin controllers inherit from the base controller which effectively locks out non admins without having to use AccessRules at all. Any downside to this approach?

Edit: My base adminController code

public function isOwnerOrAdmin() 

{ 

return ( isset(Yii::app()->user->role) && (Yii::app()->user->role==='admin') ) || ( isset($_GET['id']) && (Yii::app()->user->id==$_GET['id']) ); 

}

public function beforeAction()

{

if(Yii::App()->user->isGuest) { 

$this->redirect(Yii::app()->user->loginUrl); 

return false; 

} elseif (!$this->isOwnerOrAdmin()) {

throw new CHttpException(403, 'Action is forbidden.');

}

return true;

}

You can also achieve this by

$admins=getAdmins();

// Then use it as

'actions'=>array('admin','delete'), // Add all the actions that are performed by the admin only

'users'=>$admins,

),

By this, you can also set the access based on user level

Nice solution dniznick, is the one I like to use in my projects.

@PeRoChAk: access rules accept also expression. You can implement a function in WebUser isAdmin, and then check with:

'expression'=>"Yii::app()->user->isAdmin",

Thanks

zaccaria