Parametrized scope and eager loading

hello all,

I saw in this topic something mentioned about scopes and eager loading.

But I have an other problem. I have the following scope in my CalenderDayUser model:

<?php

public function inMonth($month, $year)

{

$end = date('t', mktime(0,0,0,$month,0,$year));

$this->getDbCriteria()->mergeWith(array(

'condition'=>'CDUDate BETWEEN 1 AND :end',

'params'=> array(':end' => $end),

));

return $this;

}

But how can I give those parameters in my statement:

$groepLeden = Group::model()->with('users.calendarDayUsers:inMonth($month,$year).schemaItems.timeslot')->findAll($criteria);

above suggestion does'nt work. Yii doesn't either recognize my inMonth function as a scope: Active record class "CalendarDayUser" does not have a scope named "inMonth".

Is there a solution for my problem?

This is not supported.

Because you are binding the parameters to the query, you may define the following scope:

public function scopes()

{

return array(

'inMonth'=>array('condition'=>'CDUDate BETWEEN 1 AND :end'),

);

}

And then use it in eager loading as follows:

Group::mode()->with(array(

'users.calendarDayUsers:inMonth'=>array(

'params'=>array(':end'=>...),

),

))->findAll($criteria);

Ok thanks that works!!

One other question: can I also use named scopes on a delete query for example?

CalendarDayUser::model()->inMonth($this->maand, $this->jaar)->concept()->deleteAll();

Because it looks like the generated sql is:

Executing SQL: DELETE FROM CalendarDayUser

I just implemented this feature. Thank you for your suggestion!

Mmh, that gives me an error:

CDbCommand failed to execute the SQL statement: SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ':end AND MONTH(CDUDate) = :month AND YEAR(CDUDate) = :year) AND (CDUStatus=0)' at line 1

Yes I did update my svn 1.0 trunk

I execute this command:

CalendarDayUser::model()->inMonth($aantalDagen, $this->maand, $this->jaar)->concept()->deleteAll();

I have also tried it this way, but that doesn't work either:

CalendarDayUser::model()->inMonth(array(':end' => $aantalDagen, ':month' => $this->maand, ':year' =>$this->jaar))->concept()->deleteAll();

my scopes:

public function scopes()

{

return array(

'inMonth'=>array('condition'=>'DAY(CDUDate) BETWEEN 1 AND :end AND MONTH(CDUDate) = :month AND YEAR(CDUDate) = :year'),

'concept'=>array('condition'=>'CDUStatus=0'),

'published'=>array('condition'=>'CDUStatus=1'),

);

}

Executed SQL:

Executing SQL: DELETE FROM CalendarDayUser WHERE (DAY(CDUDate) BETWEEN 1 AND :end AND MONTH(CDUDate) = :month AND YEAR(CDUDate) = :year) AND (CDUStatus=0)

This scopes works well in the following query:$groepLeden = Group::model()->with(array('users.calendarDayUsers:concept:inMonth'=>array('params' => array(':end' => $aantalDagen, ':month' => $this->maand, ':year' => $this->jaar))))->findAll($criteria);

Or am I doing something wrong?

It doesn't work because your scope is parameterized, but you are defining it in scopes() instead of a separate method.

Ok, thanks that works!

But it seems a bit strange to me that i need to have 2 scopes for the same thing. I have now a function in my model and I have a scope in scopes(), because I need that for the eagerly loading mentioned before in this topic. Is there no better/cleaner way?

TIA

If you only have scopes(), you need to supply the parameters in deleteAll() so that they can be used to bind to the parameter placeholders in the scope.