Netbeans 7 and Yii 1.1.7

thanx boaz.

lets not do that, i am happy to know his point of view.

i usually just do;

/webroot/index.php

/webroot/appfolder

/webroot/yiiframework

pls explain further the benefits of your structure ? beside waht you mentioned above

my apache is limited to /webroot/ and below… ( /var/www/html ,etc)

if you allow it to also access /protected , isnt that a security risk? am in understanding this wrongly ?

I’m using NB7 for the first time and so far I like it. However, its Git support appears to be limited because I want to push my repository to an external server and I can’t find a way. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

For the mercurial plugin, it’s “push other”

nice thanks, i use to.

Thanks for the tip about Hg; unfortunately Beanstalk (the external repository service) only handles Subversion and Git and my understanding is that Git’s somewhat better.

It’s easy to get that impression - since Git people are a very loud crowd - but that is not true.

The Netbeans team uses Mercurial, as does Mozilla, Python, OpenOffice, OpenJDK, …

Mercurial users tend to just shut up and get things done, instead of doing door-to-door evangelizing. :wink:

The differences between Hg and Git are minimal.

That may be so (and I’d be willing to try it if I could) but as I mentioned in my earlier post, I’m sort of bound to either Git or Subversion because that’s all Beanstalk supports. The reason for Beanstalk is that it ties into my ecosystem: Zendesk, FogBugz and Harvest. Nevertheless, I’ll look around for alternatives. Thanks for the heads up!