Need Some Advices About Dao And Ar

Hello,

When I first met Yii, everything about this framework was so confusing for me. But now as I am reading documentations more and more, I’m starting to like it a lot.

Before I started to learn Yii, I was using PDO_MySQL for communication with the database ( prepared statements ofc ).

I like that Yii has DAO, and I would like to use only it. But I see people are using AR a lot. And as far as I understand Gii tool is there to simplify the CRUD process for AR. I would like to ask experienced people here, is it good choice to use only DAO ? Standardization is very important when you are working in a team, and soon I will be working in a team of people experienced with using Yii. I think that they are using AR, so I will have to use it too. Should I abandon DAO and use AR whenever it is possible ?

I have one more question and it is about CActiveForm widget. I am using it for generating the forms. And I see that it is automatically assigning the form action to the right controller, but I am wandering how is that happening ? And can it be changed somehow ?

Thanks to all who reply.

There are already many topics on this forum covering this topic, try to see if some of that answers your questions:

http://www.google.hr/#sclient=psy-ab&q=site:yiiframework.com%2Fforum+ar+dao+performance&oq=site:yiiframework.com%2Fforum+ar+dao+performance&gs_l=hp.3...58615.58615.3.58815.1.1.0.0.0.0.59.59.1.1.0...0.0...1c.1.11.psy-ab.YjdVJTbUc3w&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.45580626,d.ZWU&fp=1b02cb10804e9102&biw=1280&bih=906