Need Help Getting Tbactiveform Textfieldcontrolgroup To Look Like Non-Yii Form That I Have Used Before.

I am new to Yii and how to work with widgets so please be patient. What I want to do is have my TbActiveForm form element look the same as the following code would (I highlighted the part I can not seem to get to work in the Yii widget. I just can’t figure out how to create a <span class=“add-on”> and <i class="…"> tag and values and insert it under the <div>'s created as part of the controlgroup. (If I move the <span> tag down in firebug it works fine:

<form class="form-horizontal" action="index.html" method="post">

<fieldset>

<div class="input-prepend" title="Username">

<span class="add-on"><i class="halflings-icon user"></i></span>

<input class="input-large span10" name="username" id="username" type="text" placeholder="type username"/>

</div>

<div class="clearfix"></div>

<div class="input-prepend" title="Password">

<span class="add-on"><i class="halflings-icon lock"></i></span>

<input class="input-large span10" name="password" id="password" type="password" placeholder="type password"/>

</div>

<div class="button-login">	

<button type="submit" class="btn btn-primary">Login</button>

</div>

</form>

I have tried all kinds of things but the original Yii TbActiveForm code looks like this:

<?php $form = $this->beginWidget('bootstrap.widgets.TbActiveForm', array('id' => 'login-form',) ); ?>

<fieldset>

<?php echo $form->textFieldControlGroup($model,'username', array( 'class' => 'input-large span10 add-on', 'label' => false, 'placeholder' => 'Username')); ?>

</div>

<?php echo $form->passwordFieldControlGroup($model,'password', array( 'class' => 'input-large span10', 'placeholder' => 'Password')); ?>

</div>

<div class="button-login">

<?php echo TbHtml::submitButton('Login', array( 'class' => 'btn btn-primary',)); ?>

<?php $this->endWidget(); ?>

Any help or direction to articles that would assist me would be appreciated!

S.

In such cases, for more complex layouts, I just build html I need and use CActiveForm methods to render inputs/labels.

I don’t see possibility to pass such tags anyway looking into related method.

Of course you may also always overwrite this behavior to the one you need or add your custom method.

Oh, and welcome to forum :)