Need Help For Information about Development

Hello Admins and Fellow Developers on this forum…
I have a status and quotes website on blogspot which is running quite good and now I’ve decided to migrate it to any other platform.
However, I came across this website today
this is the link

and I find out that it is based on Yii framework, See

I wanted to know if yiiframework is a cms itself? Can i create my website like that by installing and using yii? and after customization too maybe?
Is that website is customized using yii framework or they have used any other cms based on yii… Please help guys I’ll pray for your better future. Anyone?
Even if someone will reply that it is easy to make it with yii framework, I’ll be motivated that i can create a similar web, but pls need information, sorry for bad english.

yes, and no. Yes, you can build a website like that with the yii framework. No, yii itself is not a CMS. but you dont need the CMS part to build a website like that. But if you do want a CMS, there are plenty of CMS build ontop of yii framework. have a look here https://yiipowered.com/en/projects?opensource=1&yiiVersion=2.0

what is the link to your current site?

Yii is not a CMS, it is a PHP development Framework. It can be used to create any type of site you’d like including building a CMS. Also, you can search, there are already examples of CMSs build on Yii that perhaps you could use, inspire yourself from… to build yours from or simply start your own project from scratch.

If you are familiar with HTML, CSS, JS, jQuery, PHP then working with Yii should be relatively straightforward, but if this is all new to you it is a steep hill to climb. For instance, it took me about 2 years to become fluent enough to truly be able to make nice things (1 year to manage to scrape a functioning app together).

If you do decide to try Yii, which don’t let the above scare you away as it is a GREAT framework, be sure to look over the available extensions. There are a great many existing, plug and play, extensions that can greatly help you quickly implement features without, you, needing to develop them from scratch.