Mysqli connection issue

I am facing a peculiar problem. I am able to connect to a remote mysql server using ssl with a php script run via ./yii console command. However, the same thing doesnt work when I try to access it via php yii serve (I get following error : yii\base\ErrorException: mysqli_real_connect(): (HY000/1045): Access denied for user ‘user’@‘IP ADDR’ (using password: YES). Can someone help me understand what could be the issue here? I have verified the phpinfo() is same in both the cases and it is exactly the same.

Are you sure that credentials are the same for both web and console?

I have cross checked them multiple times and they are same at both the places. Moreover, I copy pasted the same thing. I am not picking the credentials from any config file, I am providing them in the constructor of mysqli_real_connect() itself.

No idea then. It’s not connected to Yii itself since it doesn’t use mysqli.

Actually I am trying to connect to a remote Mysql server which requires SSL. Yii’s PDO is not working for me for some reason so I was trying to use other inbuilt functions (mysqli_real_connect). If mysqli is not being used by Yii, then how can this be rectified? Is there a better way to make this whole thing work?
I have an application specific DB, which I am connecting to using PDO (it is fine). Then there is this remote Mysql server, which I am not able to connect using PDO because of SSL peer match issue. I have tried this resolve by doing PDO::MYSQL_ATTR_SSL_VERIFY_SERVER_CERT => False , but the constant is not present in the PDO. However, if I do **`php -r ‘var_dump(PDO::MYSQL_ATTR_SSL_VERIFY_SERVER_CERT);’, i get int(1014) as the output.
Not sure why my appilcation is not picking the constant.
PHP version 7.1.28 and Yii2.
Any help would be highly appreciated.

Looks like you have two different PHP versions in console and web.