$model->unsetAttribute() not nullify virtual attribute value

Dear All,

I am using ERememberFilterGridView extension, but this question is actually very general concept (I think!)

When calling $model->unsetAttribute(), it is not nullify the value of virtual attribute. The context is that I have a FormHeader object with relation to Partner object. The field in FormHeader is partnerFk. Since, I use partner to store customer and supplier and also FormHeader is used to store Sales and Purchase, I have virtual attribute called customer and supplier in FormHeader. Both virtual attributes are put on safe rules.

It is true that I use ERememberFilterGridView to keep the search value, but somehow when I reset the filter, using $model->unsetAttributes(), the supplier and customer are not null. Still keep the value. Even, when I use rememberscenario to differentiate between different pages (sales and purchase), they are kept the same.

I think unsetAttribute will nullify all values declare in safe rule. Can someone explain more on this?

Thank you in advance.

PS: If, in CgridView, I use partnerFk value, it will be correct, but it will not working if the column name on CGridView is either supplier or customer.

if you don’t send a list of attributes to unsetAttributes() it uses this method (http://www.yiiframew…uteNames-detail) to get a list of attributes. That method returns only the list of fields from the table.

You can solve this by sending a custom list of attributes or by manually setting those virtual attributes to null.

One idea would be to use http://www.yiiframework.com/doc/api/1.1/CModel#getSafeAttributeNames-detail like

[color=#1C2837][size=2]

$model->unsetAttribute($model->getSafeAttributeNames());

[/size][/color]

Thank you for the prompt advice and solution.

I will try it and come back to you soon. If this is work, the other foreseen problem could be the way that ERememberFilter / EButtonColumnWithClearFilter works.

Once again, thank you for the very quick response.

Hi mdomba,

It did not work ;(

I tried to clear the attributes like this,

or like this,

[code]$model->unsetAttributes(array(‘headerNo’, ‘partnerFk’, ‘formDate’, ‘dueDate’, ‘calcCharges’, ‘calcPayments’, ‘calcBalance’));[code]

Still the same, when refresh, the virtual attributes are not nullify…

the virtual attribute is calcCharges, calcPayments and calcBalance.

The virtual attributes are define in the FormHeader.php as follow,

[code]

public $customer;

public $supplier;

public $partnerName;

public $calcCharges;

public $calcPayments;

public $calcBalance;

[code]

they are also included in safe rules

[code]

array(‘calcCharges, calcPayments, calcBalance, customer, supplier, partnerName, partnerFk, formType, headerNo, formDate, partnerFk, dueDate, referenceNo, truckNo, driver, memo, postingStatus’, ‘safe’, ‘on’ => ‘search’),

[code]

In addition, this is inside my search method:

[code]

$calcChargesSql = "(SELECT SUM(d.unitPrice * d.quantity) FROM form_detail d WHERE d.headerFk = t.id)";

$calcPaymentsSql = "(SELECT SUM(p.amount) FROM payment_detail p WHERE p.headerFk = t.id)";

$calcBalanceSql = "(SELECT (c.totChr - p.totPay) FROM "

. "(SELECT d.headerFk, SUM(d.unitPrice * d.quantity) AS totChr FROM form_detail d GROUP BY d.headerFk) c LEFT JOIN "

. "(SELECT pd.headerFk, SUM(pd.amount) AS totPay FROM payment_detail pd GROUP BY pd.headerFk) p ON p.headerFk = c.headerFk WHERE c.headerFk = t.id)";

$criteria = new CDbCriteria;

$criteria->with = array('partner');

// select

$criteria->select = array(

'*',

$calcChargesSql . " AS calcCharges",

$calcPaymentsSql . " AS calcPayments",

$calcBalanceSql . " AS calcBalance",

);

$criteria->compare($calcChargesSql, MyActiveRecord::changeFormat($this->calcCharges));

$criteria->compare($calcPaymentsSql, MyActiveRecord::changeFormat($this->calcPayments));

$criteria->compare($calcBalanceSql, MyActiveRecord::changeFormat($this->calcBalance));

[code]

Any idea? other than set them to null directly?

Still not working Maurizio,

This is inside my FormHeader.php

public $customer;

public $supplier;

public $partnerName;

public $calcCharges;

public $calcPayments;

public $calcBalance;

/**

* @return array validation rules for model attributes.

*/

public function rules() {

// NOTE: you should only define rules for those attributes that

// will receive user inputs.

return array(

// The following rule is used by search().

// @todo Please remove those attributes that should not be searched.

array('calcCharges, calcPayments, calcBalance, customer, supplier, partnerName, partnerFk, formType, headerNo, formDate, partnerFk, dueDate, referenceNo, truckNo, driver, memo, postingStatus', 'safe', 'on' => 'search'),

);

}

/**

* Add remember-filter-gridview behaviour

* @return Array of behaviors

*/

public function behaviors() {

return CMap::mergeArray(parent::behaviors(), array(

'ERememberFiltersBehavior' => array(

'class' => 'application.components.ERememberFiltersBehavior',

'defaults' => array(), /* optional line */

'defaultStickOnClear' => false /* optional line */

),

));

}

/**

* Retrieves a list of models based on the current search/filter conditions.

*/

public function search($accountType, $pageSize = 'FormHeader_pageSize', $page = 'FormHeader_page') {

$calcChargesSql = "(SELECT SUM(d.unitPrice * d.quantity) FROM form_detail d WHERE d.headerFk = t.id)";

$calcPaymentsSql = "(SELECT SUM(p.amount) FROM payment_detail p WHERE p.headerFk = t.id)";

$calcBalanceSql = "(SELECT (c.totChr - p.totPay) FROM "

. "(SELECT d.headerFk, SUM(d.unitPrice * d.quantity) AS totChr FROM form_detail d GROUP BY d.headerFk) c LEFT JOIN "

. "(SELECT pd.headerFk, SUM(pd.amount) AS totPay FROM payment_detail pd GROUP BY pd.headerFk) p ON p.headerFk = c.headerFk WHERE c.headerFk = t.id)";

$criteria = new CDbCriteria;

$criteria->with = array('partner');

// select

$criteria->select = array(

'*',

$calcChargesSql . " AS calcCharges",

$calcPaymentsSql . " AS calcPayments",

$calcBalanceSql . " AS calcBalance",

);

$criteria->compare($calcChargesSql, MyActiveRecord::changeFormat($this->calcCharges));

$criteria->compare($calcPaymentsSql, MyActiveRecord::changeFormat($this->calcPayments));

$criteria->compare($calcBalanceSql, MyActiveRecord::changeFormat($this->calcBalance));

$sort = new CSort;

$sort->defaultOrder = 'dueDate ASC';

$sort->attributes = array(

'id' => array(

'asc' => 'id ASC',

'desc' => 'id DESC',

),

'calcCharges' => array(

'asc' => 'calcCharges ASC',

'desc' => 'calcCharges DESC',

),

'calcPayments' => array(

'asc' => 'calcPayments ASC',

'desc' => 'calcPayments DESC',

),

'calcBalance' => array(

'asc' => 'calcBalance ASC',

'desc' => 'calcBalance DESC',

),

);

$sort->applyOrder($criteria);

return new CActiveDataProvider($this, array(

'criteria' => $criteria,

'sort' => $sort,

'pagination' => array(

'pageSize' => Yii::app()->user->getState($pageSize, Yii::app()->params['defaultPageSize']),

'currentPage' => Yii::app()->user->getState($page, 0),

),

));

}

}

I tried with

and also

$model->unsetAttributes(array('headerNo', 'partnerFk', 'formDate', 'dueDate', 'calcCharges', 'calcPayments', 'calcBalance'));

But still the calcCharges, calcPayments and calcBalance cannot be set to null with both.

Any idea other than directly set them to null?