Modal popup closes update/create view

Hi,

I am creating a website to access my PostgeSQL/PostGIS database. In one of my tables, I have two columns for latitude and longitude. The user should be able to import these values from either a gpx or a jpg file. I want to use a popup window within the update/create view where the user can load the file, extract the coordinates and transfer them to the form. I used the bootstrap/modal for creating the popup in which I created a button to run the JavaScript to extract the coordinates form a file but each time the user clicks on the button, the update/create view in the background closes and switches back to the view layout.

Has anybody some suggestions as to why this happens and what I can do to prevent it?

Cheers,

Torsten

Hi @Torsten,

The chances are that you have some error in your javascript. I can’t go any further with the information given so far.

The first step to debug your javascript will be tracing the execution of it in you browser’s developer tools.

Hi @softark,
thanks for the reply. There were indeed some errors in the JavaScript. Now the script works fine and I am getting back the coordinates from the files. Next step is to find out, how to get the data back to the update/create view. Still struggling with that part.

Cheers,
Torsten