Minimum PHP/Server Requirements for Yii 2

I tried to run my yii2 app on my web hosting (It has PHP5.4 and Linux Server) But when I tried to upload files then it showed me error that Fileinfo extension is not installed. I asked the server guys and they told me that they can not enable that extension because it is a shared hosting.

I tried the same app on some other hosting. I showed me this error:

PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library ‘/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20100525/ffmpeg.so’ - /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20100525/ffmpeg.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I want to know that what are the minimum server requirements(or required PHP extensions) for Yii2, so that I can find another host according to that.

Please help.

Well, PHP 5.4 with the mbstring extension and PCRE-support is pretty much the only hard requirement for the server environment (see composer.json, [font=“Courier New”]require[/font]-stanza). You can let the requirements checker run to see if you’re missing anything.

Thank You, your answer helped me :slight_smile:

You’re welcome :)

My present hosting provider (ZnetLive) is not providing the following extensions which are required by Yii2:

ICU version

Fileinfo extension

So I am not able to run any Yii2 app on it.

Is there any one who provide Yii2 hosting? Must be from India. Requirements:

Linux Server Hosting

CPanel

PHP 5.4 and 5.5 (Minimum 5.4 is required)

PHP Extensions (To run Yii-Framework 2 and Wordpress smoothly)

PHP version 5.4/5.5

Reflection extension

PCRE extension

SPL extension

MBString extension

OpenSSL extension

Intl extension

ICU version

Fileinfo extension

DOM extensions

Zend Guard Loader

CURL

GD

Unlimited Space (If it is not unlimited then it should be about 20GB)

Unlimited Bandwidth

Unlimited Subdomains

Unlimited MySql Database

3-4 Domain Hosting

Url Rewriting

Custom php.ini (To increase the upload limit etcs)

Budget about 4000-5000 INR Per year.

Er … To my knowledge fileinfo and ICU are optional requirements?

They’re optional. ICU is required if you want to translate to non-English using plurals.

fileinfo is for file upload falidation mainly.

Fileinfo error comes when I try to upload files and validate their type.

That’s correct. mime type valiadation requires fileinfo.

For files uploaded by trusted users (site administrators) you can disable the automatic mime-type validation and validate only the extension.