Login certain user

Hi! I have asked this question already but obviously in wrong forum so the post was deleted! I’ll try with my own topic then because i really can’t find the solution anywhere.

In my database table, i have professors and students with attribute TYPE (P and S). I want to allow only Professors to be able to login. How could i do that? I tried with access rules:

public function accessRules() {

return array(

array('allow',

'actions'=>array('login'),

'users'=> array(LOGIN::model()->findByAttributes(array('TYPE' => array('P')))

)

)

);

but this gives me an error:

strtolower() expects parameter 1 to be string, object given.

I’m not even sure if this is what i should be doing, i’m very very new to all this. Help is appreciated!

Thanks

[size=2]This is really similar to this problem: http://www.yiiframework.com/forum/index.php/topic/63760-how-to-create-a-login-with-user-and-admin-role/[/size]

Hello,

you use access rule like Following Code of Controller.

class TestController extends Controller {

public $layout = '//layouts/layout';

public function actions() {

return array(

'add' => 'controllers.test.Add',

'edit' => 'controllers.test.Edit',

'view' => 'controllers.test.View',

'delete' => 'controllers.test.Delete',

);

}

public function filters()

{

return array( 'accessControl' ); // perform access control for CRUD operations

}

public function accessRules()

{

return array(

array('allow',  // allow specified  users to perform 'index','view' and other actions

'actions'=>array('add','edit','view','delete'),				

'roles'=>array('admin'),

),

array('deny',  // deny all users

'users'=>array('*'),

),

);

}

}

Thanks guys, i did it like this:

$record=LOGIN::model()->findByAttributes(array(‘usrnm’=>$this->username, ‘type’=>‘P’));

and it’s working, only allowing professors to login. Later i’ll have to allow admin and one more user of type E to login, i already tried like this:

$record=LOGIN::model()->findByAttributes(array(‘usrnm’=>$this->username, ‘type’=>‘P’, ‘type’=>‘E’, ‘type’=>‘A’));

but then it only allows admin to login. i assume the ‘type’=>‘A’ overrides conditions before. How could i write this properly?

Next big question: when i certain professor is logged in, he should only see corresponding courses, those that belong to him. Any ideas on where to even start with that? Thanks :)