Iterating Through Related Model.

I have a ‘reservation’ that has ‘reservationDetail’ records (each reservation has many reservationDetails). For some reason I can’t iterate through the list of detail records. Obviously I’m doing something wrong…

Reservation relations

public function relations()

{

return array(

'eventRecord' => array(self::BELONGS_TO, 'EventRecord', 'event_record_id'),

'reservationStatus' => array(self::BELONGS_TO, 'ReservationStatus', 'reservation_status_id'),

'reservationDetails' => array(self::HAS_MANY, 'ReservationDetail', 'reservation_id'),

);

}

ReservationDetail relations

public function relations()

{

return array(

'rate' => array(self::BELONGS_TO, 'Rate', 'rate_id'),

'reservation' => array(self::BELONGS_TO, 'Reservation', 'reservation_id'),

'rateClass'=>array(

self::HAS_ONE, 'RateClass', array('rate_class_id'=>'rate_class_id'), 'through'=>'rate')

);

}

I’m trying to do something like this:

$cleanUpMinutes = Config::getValue('reservation_timeout_minutes');

$criteria = new CDbCriteria();

$criteria->addCondition('reservation_status_id=3'); //3 = pending payment

$criteria->addCondition("NOW() > mod_date + INTERVAL $cleanUpMinutes MINUTE");

$staleReservations = Reservation::model()->with('reservationDetails')->findAll($criteria);

foreach($staleReservations as $reservation) {

//want to delete the detail records (reservationDetails) and the primary model here as well.

}

Trying to loop through the details keeps giving me “trying to get property of non-object” error. I think I have something wrong in my relations based on output of CVarDumper::dump of $staleReservations. I’m just a beginner, but it doesn’t look right…

Right now i have one record in reservation and 3 associated records in reservation detail.

please, try to add to your criteria

$criteria->together = true;

Tried that. Does not seem to help.

Strange thing is… I can look up the detail records separately and access $reservationDetail->reservation with no problems using the same criteria, but it makes more sense to do it as $reservation-> then iterate through detail records.

So, this works:

//$reservations = Reservation::model()->with('reservationDetails')->together()->findAll($criteria);  //does not work.

$details = ReservationDetail::model()->with('reservation')->findAll($criteria);  //works fine

foreach($details as $detail) {

echo $detail->reservation->reservation_id;

}

I can access it by looking at the details first then getting ->reservation, but not the other way around…

Please try:

if($reservation->reservationDetails){

echo $reservation->reservationDetails->someValue;

}

}

Does not return any value. In this case, it looks like $reservation->reservationDetails is not populating…

But this works… Very bad form but I was just trying to figure out why $reservation->reservationDetails is not working.

if($reservation->reservationDetails){

echo $reservation->reservationDetails->quantity;

} else { echo 'not valid';   }  //returns 'not valid' in testing.

}

foreach($staleReservations as $reservation)

{ 

$details = $reservation->getRelated('reservationDetails');

foreach($details as $detail)

{

echo $detail->quantity;  //returns the correct quantity for the two values...

}

}  

I just do not understand why

$reservation->reservationDetails

does not work, but iterating through $staleReservations then calling

$reservation->getRelated('reservationDetails')

works…