index.php brings up save/download popup

i just downloaded the yii and tried to create a testapp. When i do this in my Redhat env I get a save/download when i goto http://site/testapp/index.php

When i do this in my ubuntu the testapp works properly.

I went did print_r right before the ->run command in index.php in the testapp I saw that: [_componentConfig:private] was the only variable thats not completely loaded in RedHat. It is partial:

[_componentConfig:private] => Array

(

[coreMessages] => Array

(

[class] => CPhpMessageSource

[language] => en_us

[basePath] => /var/www/yii/framework/messages

)

[db] => Array

(

[class] => CDbConnection

[connectionString] => sqlite:/var/www/yii/testapp/protected/config/../data/testdrive.db

)

when I did the requirements test I only got warnings for APC for my Redhat environment. Any help?

Maybe you didn’t install/activate the PHP module in your webserver. That’s why .php files get sent as raw text.

I am not sure. The index-test.php does execute properly although it also doesnt load the classes properly.

Yeah, sorry, i’m to quick sometimes, should have read better. ;)

Could you compare the output of phpinfo() on both servers for obvious differences? APC should not be the problem here, must be a more basic setting.

So, when comparing the phpinfo() between the two servers I could not find out any basic difference that would invoke one to fail.

I did find out that the action fails when executing the run() function in CInlineAction in actions.

$this->getController()->$method();

The only setting that is different from the two servers are

Virtual Directory Support disabled

Another thing is index-test.php works on the server where index.php doesnt work.

Any idea? Anyone?

You seem to do strange things, like calling $this->getController()->$method(). Could you maybe first check with a simple "hello world" default action?

$this->getController()->$method()

This is actually a pre-existing function call in the framework. I have barely begun to use the framework. In my environment that doesnt work…this function call is the part where it throws the pop-up.