I need help! Yii2 install the specified version(2.0.42.1)

I am just getting started with Yii2 project development.
How to install the specified version (2.0.42.1) of Yii2,I only found “GitHub - yiisoft/yii2 at 2.0.42.1” .
But I don’t know how to build “GitHub - yiisoft/yii2 at 2.0.42.1” in my project. Who can teach me how to use Yii2 2.0.42.1 version to build my project?

In your composer.json specify exact version and do composer update.

I tried this method but it didn’t work and I still can’t use 2.0.42.1

Can you tell me how to implement it? Thanks

Perhaps you will need to replace the bower/assets requirements with this:
(at the end of composer.json)

"repositories": [
        {
            "type": "composer",
            "url": "https://asset-packagist.org"
        }
    ]

(Do not start more than one thread regarding the same topic).

I don’t know/remember about git clone but I tried this to download just the framework

composer create-project --prefer-dist yiisoft/yii2:2.0.42.1 tmpfolder

I’m sure somebody else can elaborate about git clone.

thanks, I used this command but it didn’t work.I have used this command but it cannot be implemented. Can you implement it or tell me other solutions? Thank you
This is the result after I execute this command. Look, it cannot be completed.

Did you add the code I posted above?
Add it next to the end of composer.json (and add a comma before)

Thank you very much. I successfully obtained the version I wanted.
But there seems to be an error: “Your requirements could not be resolved to an installable set of packages.” Look~

What should I do next?

I then executed “cd tmpfolder” and “composer install” but got an error: “Composer could not detect the root package (yiisoft/yii2) version, defaulting to ‘1.0.0’. See https://getcomposer.org/root- version
No composer.lock file present. Updating dependencies to latest instead of installing from lock file. See Basic usage - Composer for more information.”

I’m not sure about how to include it in a new project, but to me it looks like what you get is the content usually found under vendor/yiisoft.

I also tried to upgrade an old app-basic template project the way samdark suggested.

"require": {
        "php": ">=5.4.0",
        "yiisoft/yii2": "2.0.42.1",

I also think it’s a good idea to keep an instance of the template project (structure) for reference.

Thank you very much for your patient guidance. I will study it further.