I need a recommendation

I am about to develop a project in yii2; but I fear that the changes in yii3 are very hard, I do not want to invest a lot of time in migrating the code. On the other hand if I wait for the first stable version of yii3 I would start from scratch and from here to an indeterminate period.

What dou you recommend?
I wait, or start writing code?
If I start with yii2, what aspects should I take into account so that my migration is as easy as possible?

Nobody here can know better than you how long you can afford to wait. And nobody knows when 3 will be production ready. You have to have to make this call yourself, unless you want me to toss a coin for you :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

But there is a 3rd option that also works. Write the app in Yii 2 and keep it that way – don’t migrate. Yii 2 isn’t going to stop working or go away. It’s going to be ok, really.

2 Likes

Since Yii3 is still on the skies, start with Yii2. Though many things will change, You can migrate slowly. I don’t see why you can’t start with Yii2!

1 Like

Start with Yii2. I still maintain a couple of Yii1 applications, and within the known capabilities and environment, they still do their jobs nicely!

1 Like

Dont wait. Yii2 is Good to start till 3 comes.