How to prevent a wide table from scrolling back to the left after sorting

I have several database tables and have a corresponding basic yii2 application that shows each table in a page. These tables have many columns, so each view contains a wide table. I therefore need horizontal scrolling, which I have enabled using CSS:

table {

display: block;

overflow-x: auto;

}

This works as intended. My problem is the following.

In the web interface, when I scroll to the right and sort by a column, the sorting works as expected, but the table is displayed such that the first few columns are visible on the page. That is, I have to scroll again to the right to view the column by which I sorted. I would like to prevent the table from moving horizontally when the table is reloaded after sorting i.e. I would like to keep the column by which I just sorted in place under my cursor. Could someone please say how could I achieve this?

Possibly use an AJAX/Pjax update to refresh the page. I recently was looking at some of the gii generated code, and "I THINK" it does a refresh in the controller.

Thanks for you reply. I tried the following, but it didn’t do the trick.

<?php Pjax::begin(

[

'id' => 'mygrid',

'linkSelector' => 'a:not(.linksWithTarget)',

'timeout' => false,

'enablePushState' => false

]); ?>

<?= GridView::widget([

'dataProvider' => $dataProvider,

'filterModel' => $searchModel,

'tableOptions' => ['class' => 'table-hover table-striped table-condensed'],

'columns' => [

'class' => 'yii\grid\ActionColumn',

'id',

'name', // and many more columns ...

]); ?>

<?php Pjax::end(); ?>

<script>

$.pjax.reload({container: "#mygrid"});

</script>

Is your controller responding to an AJAX call? Somewhere in the gii code there is a line about uncommenting something for AJAX.

You may need to do a if(->request->isAJAX) return the information via a JSON reply. after the return you do need a Yii::$app->end(); You need to research how to specifically do this, but…