How to pass user identify in a field?

Hello,

I am trying to pass the logged in user identity in a _form field but cannot work out how to do it, could you please help me?

//This is what I tried but get errors

<?= $form->field($model, $user = \Yii::$app->user->identity); ?>

Thanks,

Ben

If user identity has a username field, that will be:

//This is what I tried but get errors

<?= $form->field($model, $user = \Yii::$app->user->identity->username); ?>

otherwise you are passing entire object.

Sorry Fabrizio I did not understand what you mean.

With the above code I get this:

PHP User Error – yii\base\ErrorException

Exception 'yii\base\InvalidParamException' with message 'Attribute name must contain word characters only.' 

in C:\xampp\htdocs\forum\vendor\yiisoft\yii2\helpers\BaseHtml.php:1933

Stack trace:

#0 C:\xampp\htdocs\forum\vendor\yiisoft\yii2\helpers\BaseHtml.php(1153): yii\helpers\BaseHtml::getInputName(Object(frontend\models\Posts), NULL)

#1 C:\xampp\htdocs\forum\vendor\yiisoft\yii2\helpers\BaseHtml.php(1191): yii\helpers\BaseHtml::activeInput('text', Object(frontend\models\Posts), NULL, Array)

#2 C:\xampp\htdocs\forum\vendor\yiisoft\yii2\widgets\ActiveField.php(184): yii\helpers\BaseHtml::activeTextInput(Object(frontend\models\Posts), NULL, Array)

#3 C:\xampp\htdocs\forum\vendor\yiisoft\yii2\widgets\ActiveField.php(156): yii\widgets\ActiveField->render()

#4 C:\xampp\htdocs\forum\frontend\views\posts\_form.php(31): yii\widgets\ActiveField->__toString()

#5 C:\xampp\htdocs\forum\vendor\yiisoft\yii2\base\View.php(325): require('C:\\xampp\\htdocs...')

#6 C:\xampp\htdocs\forum\vendor\yiisoft\yii2\base\View.php(247): yii\base\View->renderPhpFile('C:\\xampp\\htdocs...', Array)

#7 C:\xampp\htdocs\forum\vendor\yiisoft\yii2\base\View.php(149): yii\base\View->renderFile('C:\\xampp\\htdocs...', Array, NULL)

#8 C:\xampp\htdocs\forum\frontend\views\posts\create.php(19): yii\base\View->render('_form', Array)

#9 C:\xampp\htdocs\forum\vendor\yiisoft\yii2\base\View.php(325): require('C:\\xampp\\htdocs...')

#10 C:\xampp\htdocs\forum\vendor\yiisoft\yii2\base\View.php(247): yii\base\View->renderPhpFile('C:\\xampp\\htdocs...', Array)

#11 C:\xampp\htdocs\forum\vendor\yiisoft\yii2\base\View.php(149): yii\base\View->renderFile('C:\\xampp\\htdocs...', Array, Object(frontend\controllers\PostsController))

#12 C:\xampp\htdocs\forum\vendor\yiisoft\yii2\base\Controller.php(367): yii\base\View->render('create', Array, Object(frontend\controllers\PostsController))

#13 C:\xampp\htdocs\forum\frontend\controllers\PostsController.php(70): yii\base\Controller->render('create', Array)

#14 [internal function]: frontend\controllers\PostsController->actionCreate()

#15 C:\xampp\htdocs\forum\vendor\yiisoft\yii2\base\InlineAction.php(55): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)

#16 C:\xampp\htdocs\forum\vendor\yiisoft\yii2\base\Controller.php(151): yii\base\InlineAction->runWithParams(Array)

#17 C:\xampp\htdocs\forum\vendor\yiisoft\yii2\base\Module.php(455): yii\base\Controller->runAction('create', Array)

#18 C:\xampp\htdocs\forum\vendor\yiisoft\yii2\web\Application.php(83): yii\base\Module->runAction('posts/create', Array)

#19 C:\xampp\htdocs\forum\vendor\yiisoft\yii2\base\Application.php(375): yii\web\Application->handleRequest(Object(yii\web\Request))

#20 C:\xampp\htdocs\forum\frontend\web\index.php(18): yii\base\Application->run()

#21 {main}

Thank you.

Ben

What Fabrizio wanted to tell you is that the user identity holds attributes of the currently logged in user…

Try for example:

echo \Yii::$app->user->identity->username; // gives out the username

echo \Yii::$app->user->identity->id; // gives the ID

Regarding your question it should be something like:

echo $form->field($model, 'yourFieldName')->textInput(['value' => \Yii::$app->user->identity->id;]);

"yourFieldName" must be the name of the attribute you want to fill.

For example "user_id" or whatever you called it in your DB.

Sorry, I thought that I was writing in textInput method …

MetaCrawler answered to you.

Thanks to both of you.

Got it working, I have an error about object not set but this was because I was not logged in :-))

Thanks again!

Ben