How to import models from another Yii Application ?

Dear All,

So, I have this application structure, and I want to import all models, and components within the application1.

wwwroot

yiiapp

//START APPLICATION 1

application1         

protected

config

main.php

controllers

models

view

themes

application1_theme

index.php

//END APPLICATION 1

//START OTHER APPLICATION

protected

config

main.php

controllers

models

themes

sometheme

index.php

//END OTHER APPLICATION

Now, from the OTHER APPLICATION, I want to make use models and components which I have created in APPLICATION1, how am I going to import those to my OTHER APPLICATION ? Is it even possible ?

Thank you!

Can’t you just include the proper path information into include_path?

(Please be aware of path precedence, as Yii imports directories in such way so that they have higher priority.)

Hi, thanks for the reply pestaa. Yes, indeed, I could include them using the include_path. However, I was wondering if Yii itself supports importing classes across multiple applications.

Well, for now, here is how to import other classes in another application into current application:

In the config/main.php file, instead of replacing the include_path, you can just join the existing include_path with your new include path, here it goes, just insert these before the [font="Courier New"]return array([/font]

<?php

ini_set('include_path', 

ini_get('include_path') . PATH_SEPARATOR . 

$_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'].DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR.'sitename'.DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR.'application1'.DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR.'protected'.DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR.'models');

The line where:

The line where:

Cheer folks!

A more "Yiiish" way might be to add a custom alias and add that to the import section of your main.php:

Yii::setPathOfAlias('myOtherApp','/other/applications/path/to/protected');

return array(

// ...

'import' => array(

// ...

'myOtherApp.models.*',

// ...

);

Finally, the more Yiish way! Yes, thank you!