How to create different user types ?

Hello everyone,

I’m developing a common application, which consists of admin and public part. How can I use different sessions for the admin and the public users so the use of

Yii::app()->user->login($identity,$duration)

will log the proper user for the proper part of the website (i.e. the admin to be logged in the admin only and the public user to be logged in the public part only, btw I’m using 2 different login forms)? If I leave the way it is I have to rewrite accessRules() for all the controllers in the admin module to restrict access from all, except the admin and this one

Yii::app()->user->logout()

logouts the user from admin and from public part.

Thanks in advance!

OK, I figured this out.

I don’t know if this is the most correct design practice with yii, but saved me a lot of coding.

All we have to do is to use 2 new prefixes for the 2 session types we need to use (public user and admin).

/Don’t use the default session prefix and only one new, because using

Yii::app()->user->logout(false);

will clear the both sessions, when called to clear only the default one/

Write a new controller in /protected/components/ and after that use it to extends the other controllers from /protected/controllers/ . In the init() method from the "base" controller set the new prefix like this:

Yii::app()->user->setStateKeyPrefix(Yii::app()->user->getStateKeyPrefix()."__usr");

so every time a controller is called the new session prefix is loaded (and only from one place)

For the admin is almost the same. Assuming the admin is a module we can use the class AdminModule which extends CWebModule and it’s located under protected/modules/admin. Then we can overwrite the beforeControllerAction method of the parent class in such a fashion:

public function beforeControllerAction($controller, $action)

{

if(parent::beforeControllerAction($controller, $action))

{

// this method is called before any module controller action is performed

// you may place customized code here

Yii::app()->user->setStateKeyPrefix(Yii::app()->user->getStateKeyPrefix()."__adm");

if($action->id !== "login" && Yii::app()->user->isGuest)

$controller->redirect(Yii::app()->params["URI_ADMIN"]."default/login/");

return true;

}

else

return false;

}

Finally to logout the proper user just set the $destroySession parameter to be false in the corresponding logout action: Yii::app()->user->logout(false);

Here is a topic which helps when some of the pages require login to be viewed:

http://www.yiiframework.com/forum/index.php?/topic/2564-how-to-create-a-non-public-site/page__p__14310__hl__Re:%20How%20to%20create%20a%20non-public%20site__fromsearch__1&#entry14310

Regarads.

only to do following:

Yii::app()->user->logout(false); 

it can work well both frontend & backend~

Yes @jerry2801. This one works if you set the session with some prefix (i.e. clear all sessions that are not the yii default sessions), i.e. by using

Yii::app()->user->setState(...)

or

Yii::app()->user->Yii::app()->user->setStateKeyPrefix(...)

so we have to set those sessions before that.

Regards.