]);

if (!($this->load($params) && $this->validate())) {

return $dataProvider;

}

$query->andFilterWhere([

'id' => $this->id,

'status' => $this->status,

]);

$query->andFilterWhere(['like', 'title', $this->title])

->andFilterWhere(['like', 'text', $this->text]);

return $dataProvider;

// my try, instead of above line "return $dataProvider", would be this block of code:

// $dependency = [

//     'class' => 'yii\caching\DbDependency',

//     'sql' => 'SELECT MAX(updated_at) FROM post',

// ];

// $result = self::getDb()->cache(function ($db) {

//     return $dataProvider;

// }, 3600, $dependency);

// return $result

}

I would like to cache the result returned by ADP, based on the updated_at field. I mean I want to serve data from cache until some change is made. My code try is this commented out block of code. It does not work, I mean caching is not applied at all. What I am doing wrong, and is it possible to do this on ADP ? Thanks

I have figured out that dependency need to be set like this, because it will not work like I did it in original post:

$dependency = new \yii\caching\DbDependency(['sql' => 'SELECT MAX(updated_at) FROM post']);

But I still do not know how to cache returned result. No1 knows ?

Are you absolutely sure you want to cache the result of all possible combinations of pagination, sorting and filtering? That might result in a huge amount of cached data and might not be very effective.

So what is the alternative, if I have to pull data from tables with millions of records ( and I do ) ? Am I able to cache query that is pulling all those records before pagination, sorting and filtering is applied ?

Query optimization and strategic use of indices. As a first step, i’d try to remove this part

$query->andFilterWhere(['like', 'title', $this->title])

->andFilterWhere(['like', 'text', $this->text]);

and replace it with a full-text index/search (actual implementation depends on your DBMS). LIKE conditions can be very inefficient on large tables especially when a column contains long texts (which is likely the case for a column named "text").