How Do I Register Custom jQuery Css

I am trying to use a custom jQuery css. I have tried registerig just the css file

Yii::app()->clientScript->registerCoreScript('jquery');

Yii::app()->clientScript->registerCoreScript('jquery.ui');

//Yii::app()->clientScript->registerCssFile(Yii::app()->clientScript->getCoreScriptUrl().'/jui/css/base/jquery-ui.css');

Yii::app()->getClientScript()->registerCssFile(Yii::app()->baseUrl.'/css/jquery-ui-1.8.21.custom');

This results in a dialog without any style from the style sheet.

I also have tried registering the js and css

$jquery = Yii::app()->baseUrl.'/js/jquery-ui-1.8.21.custom/js/jquery-1.7.2.min.js';

$jqueryCss = Yii::app()->baseUrl.'/js/jquery-ui-1.8.21.custom/css/custom-theme/jquery-ui-1.8.21.custom.css';

Yii::app()->clientScript->registerScriptFile($jquery);

Yii::app()->clientScript->registerCssFile($jqueryCss);

This results in no jquery being registered.

What am I missing?

Just this morning I needed to use a different stylesheet for the datepicker widget, since the section I am working on uses a different theme than my main application. I did it like this:

'filter'=>$this->widget('zii.widgets.jui.CJuiDatepicker', array('model'=>$model, 'attribute'=>'date', 'options' => array('dateFormat' => 'yy-mm-dd'), 'themeUrl' => 'themes/label/css/', 'theme' => 'ui',), true)

You can set 'themeUrl and ‘theme’ in the CJui options array. I simply place my UI css files in the themes/label/css/ui/ directory, so essentially wherever you want to store the CSS files will do.

I am not using a widget or cjui. I am registering the the js and css.

You say you are using a dialog. Why not just use the built in dialog widget? It registers the files itself.

I need to simply open a url with dynamic content. I was unable to either get the ajaxLink to work or load the url using cjui dialog. So I added a simple function

$(function() {

var $dialog = $('<div id="inventory-details"></div>');

$dialog.dialog({

title: 'Invetory Details',

autoOpen: false,

modal: true,

position: ['center', 'top'],

width: 'auto',

height: 'auto',

});

$('table.items a').click(function() {

$dialog.load($(this).attr('href')).dialog('open');

return false;

});

$('.ui-widget-overlay').live('click', function() {

$('#inventory-details').dialog( "close" );

});

});

and registered the jQuery

Yii::app()->clientScript->registerCoreScript('jquery');

Yii::app()->clientScript->registerCoreScript('jquery.ui');

Yii::app()->clientScript->registerCssFile(Yii::app()->clientScript->getCoreScriptUrl().'/jui/css/base/jquery-ui.css');

figuring it would be easy enuf to use registerCssFils to point to my Theme Roller css.

Did you find a solution to this?