How do bizRules work?

I don’t really understand the sample from the docs…

return Yii::app()->user->id==$params["post"]->authID;

Where does $params["post"]->authID come from? Can i just replace this with $model->user_id

Also how are tasks and operaction linked to controllers and actions? And how would I use these in Modules?

$params is passed from Yii::app()->user->checkAccess(‘role’, $params);

They are not linked to controllers and actions. You can use Yii::app()->user->checkAccess if you want bizRules or access filter if you are just checking roles. It’s the same for modules.

Ok I see… that is kinda clear for me now… but what is still confusing to me is the difference between tasks and operation… they almost look the same to me now.

http://www.yiiframework.com/doc/guide/topics.auth

In the docs it says this…

And then in the example…

$auth->createOperation('createPost','create a post');

$auth->createOperation('readPost','read a post');

$auth->createOperation('updatePost','update a post');

$auth->createOperation('deletePost','delete a post');

$bizRule='return Yii::app()->user->id==$params["post"]->authID;';

$task=$auth->createTask('updateOwnPost','update a post by author himself',$bizRule);

$task->addChild('updatePost');

The example creates a operation update a post… and a task update own post, these should be the same thing right? A task update with a bizRule and on a operation manage posts?

But many of the modules do not offer a way to add operations to tasks… So can anybody please explain how these are different as we can make a bizRule on a taks too :blink:

A little bit late, but may be this reply will be useful for somebody )

As wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Role-based_access_control) says, RBAC has only 2 concepts: Roles (Yii "Roles") and Permissions (Yii "Operations"). So concept "Tasks" in Yii is just a way to make more clear and flexible hierarchy of authorization items.

You can easy build your access rules without Tasks at all. A bizRule works the same way in Operations, Tasks and Roles.