There is no Yii 1.2. only Yii 1.1.x and Yii 2.
I am not familiar with Azure cloud services but i can list for you the important elements so you can start looking for the issue. for this problem we have to make sure all the following:
- php configuration file <ini>: you have to make sure the default encoding is utf8. <example: default_charset = "utf-8">
- mysql encoding: i think you already did this step but its worth mentioning.
- mysql connection string: the link to connect from php to mysql should be set encoding to utf-8. in Yii config.php find database component and add: ‘charset’ => ‘utf8’,
- mysql collection for (db, tables, fields).
- html output: should contain the meta tag for encoding and set to utf8. <head><meta charset="UTF-8"></head>
- web server: (Apache, Nginx , etc): you have to make sure to set the default encoding to utf8. << not sure about how much important this is.
- php files: which contains arabic better to be saved as utf8. << not sure about how much important this is.
here is some refrences that may help:
Yii 2 (yii\db\Connection class charset) http://www.yiiframew…$charset-detail
Yii 1.1 (CDbConnection class charset) http://www.yiiframew…#charset-detail
i hope the above point will solve your issue. keep me posted if you find what you were looking for. wish you the best.