Extensions Not Working

Hi everyone,

I’m having a big trouble after upload my app. In my local MAMP every thing goes ok, but when running in a shared server, no extension works.

The extensions that I’m using are timepicker and swiftMailer.

In requirements every thing is green. The file structure is exactly as it is in my MAMP server. All the files and folders permissions of extensions are 775.

Any sugestion or advice?

Thanks

do you get any errors ?

When trying to use swiftmail yes: fsockopen() [<a href=‘function.fsockopen’>function.fsockopen</a>]: unable to connect to smtp.flyzard.com:25 (Connection timed out)

When using timepicker I’ve got samething like “Can not found folder or file ‘timepicker’, make sure the folder exists and is readble”.

I can admit that could be two different issues. I don’t know how to check if the smtp is enabled on that server or if that are some restrictions, once it’s a free hosting. But what really makes me mad is the timepicker situation.

Thanks

For the extension sometimes if you use ext.extension name don’t work so you may try application.extensions.extension name.

Check if the problem is in the case… most users have problems when changing from case-insensitive OS like windows to a case-sensitive OS like linux.

Hi Bonnie,

Thanks for the answer. I’m already doing that and still not working.

Here is the error message:

include(/home/a6151839/public_html/protected/extensions/TimePicker/timepicker.php) [<a href=‘function.include’>function.include</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory

Here is how I have my code:

<?php

Yii::import('application.extensions.TimePicker.timepicker');

$this->widget('timepicker', array(

'model' => $model2, //Model object

'name' => 'execution_date', //attribute name

'language' => 'pt',

));

?>

The strange thing is that it works on my local MAMP server…

Thanks Maurizio,

Both platforms are Unix.

How can I debug the path actually used by Yii, when trying to load extenssion? (sorry for my bad English)

You should see the actual path in the error message…

If case sensitivity is not the problem… the next best candidate are the file permissions on the server… check that the web process has appropriate permissions to read that file

Solved.

I’ve changed the code to

$this->widget('application.extensions.timepicker.timepicker', array(

'model' => $model2, //Model object

'name' => 'execution_date', //attribute name

'language' => 'pt',

));

?>

Dont know why, but this way it works. Still dont understanding why, before, it was working on my MAMP but not no remote server…

Thanks again guys.