[EXTENSION] PS Yii Extension Library -- v1.0.4 (jQuery Tools Support)

Hi all! I'm happy to announce release v1.0.4 of my extension library.

I have a complete phpDoc subdirectory on the project's SVN site.

linky

BE SURE TO READ ABOUT INSTALLING OAUTH IN THE WIKI here if you want to use the Twitter API.

Features in this release:

• Support for jQuery Tools
  • Cleaned up code so no errors are thrown in E_ALL|E_STRICT mode.

In addition, I've created an examples folder under /pogostick/widgets. This contains two views which demonstrate jQuery UI widgets and jQuery Tools widgets. I really dig the jQuery Tools Overlay and Tooltip widgets.

To view the examples, follow these steps:

1. Download and install the extension library.

2. Add a new action to your SiteController:

public function actionExamples()

{

$this->render( 'pogostick.widgets.examples.jqui_examples' );

}

or

public function actionExamples()

{

$this->render( 'pogostick.widgets.examples.jqTools_examples' );

}

Then fire up your browser and go to http://yoursite/site/examples and it all should work just peachy!

Any comments or feedback is more than welcome.

GOOD WORK! THX :wink:

But i just need the facebook helper *G When will we see it working? oO

Thanks!

I’ve just finished up the Twitter API component and am working on the documentation. I’ll be checking in a true “beta” today. The FBC stuff is sorta working. I’ve built several FBC web sites. I’m just trying to shoehorn it into Yii. :)

I've also added an OAuth component to process logging in with OAuth.

Few more days and we should be golden.

The option manager and behavior properties is all working very well.

Hi everyone! I’ve made a v1.0.0 release. The doc is kinda sketchy at this point, but if you can code, you should be able to figure it out. ;)

Here are the release notes:

This extension provides extended behavior functionality and dynamic option functionality.

Included are:

RESTful API base class (CPSApiComponent/CPSApiWidget)

Wrapper for jqGrid

Wrapper for jqRating

Yelp API component (CPSYelpApi)

Facebook Connect component (CPSFacebookConnect)

Twitter API component (CPSTwitterApi)

Wrapper for OAuth.php

New components will be added as I get time. The documentation, source code, and release packages are all at the googlecode site @ http://ps-yii-extens…googlecode.com.

I will be updating the documentation as time permits.

Notes:

The widgets are all fully functional as is the Yelp API component. The Facebook Connect and Twitter API components are still being developed, but I didn't want to leave them out.

Also included are fourth-party projects that I've wrapped for Yii. These include jqRating, jqGrid, Google AJAX API, and OAuth.php.

I've created an OAuth behavior out of the OAuth.php project which will allow you to build OAuth servers and clients simply by attaching the CPSOAuthbehavior to your Component or Widget. Pretty sweet eh?

Anyway, please check it out and let me know what you think.

Hi all.

I've updated the release to v1.0.1. There were a few internal changes that I made that shouldn't affect anyone using the library.

In addition, I've added a jQuery UI wrapper class. This new class allows you to use ANY jQuery UI widget with a single class.

Here's an example:

The zip file is in the extensions area.

Please let me know if you have any questions

Hi folks. Just updated the download to version 1.0.2.

This now includes all the external libraries and they are managed through the CAssetManager. Therefore you do NOT need to download and install ANY external libraries to use any of the jQuery UI widgets.

I also updated the jqGrid widget as a new version has been released. This new version includes support for jQuery UI themes.

Here's an example of creating a grid widget:

The url parameter takes an URL which returns XML data that the grid displays. This is done using an AJAX call. The CPSjqGridWidget has a method called asXml() which can convert CActiveRecord data into the XML required by the grid.

The output of this code is shown in the attached image. That is a screenshot from an app I'm building.

Please let me know if you're using it and if you have any problems.

Howdy folks, I'm about to release v1.0.3 and it included complete Twitter API support. I was curious if anyone was interested in this other than me?

Hi, didn't have time to use it in full, but what I've seen is cool! jqGrid is one of the components I like to use, and will replace my implementation for yours.

I'm particularly interested in your FB connect part as well.

Thanks for sharing, and keep up the good work!

PS: Will you put 1.0.3 as a package on the google site, or keep it as svn only now?

I'll like the twitter api extension!!

:D

need help!

PHP Error

Description

Undefined index: _private

Source File

/Users/mb/Sites/phpFramework/yii/extensions/psYiiExtensions/pogostick/base/CPSOptionManager.php(458)

when i call the jqui_examples

what is wrong?!?

Not sure, that's really weird.

Please download and install the latest version (v1.0.3) for one. Second, please post your code that calls this and I'll tell you what's wrong.

v1.0.3 download is now available.

@mb

Can you please adjust your review. The pkg files you are trying to use are actually documentation files for php-documentor. They are not code files.

Ok folks, I created a cookbook page for integrating with Twitter. It's here:

How to integrate Yii with Twitter!

Enjoy and please let me know how it goes!

thanks a lot. i will test it now!

the same problem…

i had download the current version. but the same error.

i add in main:

• PathOfAlias

• autoloading

'pogostick.base.*',

'pogostick.behaviors.*',

'pogostick.components.*',

'pogostick.events.*',

'pogostick.helpers.*',

'pogostick.widgets.*',

'pogostick.widgets.gApi.*',

'pogostick.widgets.jqui.*',

then i call in my views:

CPSjqUIWrapper::create( 'datepicker', array( 'inline' => true ) );

PHP Error

Description

Undefined index: _private

Source File

/xxx/pogostick/base/CPSOptionManager.php(455)

what is wrong?

What is the error_reporting setting for your pages? I think these may strict errors.

hmm, my error reporting (mamp) php.ini is on. 

error_reporting  =  E_ALL -> developer mode ;D

of course, i change my error reporting to: E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE

and it works fine ;)

thanks  ;D

so i can change my review four you… realy nice!

I've gone through in STRICT mode and fixed all the issues. I'll be posting an update today and you can set your error reporting back to E_ALL.

Ok, update 1.0.4 is live on the googlecode.com site. Yii's extension repository won't let me upload it because it's 4mb.