I am new to Yii and decided to get my feet wet by developing a weather extension as my first project. This has been a great learning experience and I am very impressed with the framework! If anyone would like to review my work and comment I would be appreciative. I plan on submitting it to the official Yii extensions repository at some point in the future.
The NOAA Weather Extension implements Yii widgets, data providers and behaviors that work with data provided by the U.S. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) and the National Weather Service (NWS). Features include:
- Pre-made weather widgets you can quickly add to your site
- Data providers that allow access to raw weather data
- Data lookup by METAR weather station or coordinates
- Intelligent download retrying and caching
- Unlike proprietary services, all weather data is in the public domain
A zip file is attached and the project is available on github:
Please see the README file for documentation. Thanks in advance for feedback!
[/i][center]noaaForecastAllWidget shows typical Mt. Washington weather.