I’ve just release PcViewsCounter extension. Its a module that achieves ‘views counting’ on your website. From its list of features:
- Attach-able to any content type on your site.
- Self contained widget provides all you need to integrate a ‘views count widget’ in existing pages.
- Widget can be called in ‘view-only’ mode, which means it won’t advance the counter but just display it. This is good for showing ‘views count’ in a tabular presentation of data. For example, when you want to show a table view (=CGridView) of posts, along with data of views count in each row (=on each post).
- Works in AJAX after the page has been loaded. This has two great benefits:[list]
- It minimizes the performance impact on the site.
- It skip false counts for search engine which, to the best of my knowledge, don’t issue AJAX requests and thus no count will be accounted on visits from search engines/other-crawlers.
Count views for both guest and authenticated users.Tracks users based on user_id (if logged in), cookie and IP address (supports tracking on both IPv4 and IPv6).[*]Counts both unique and non-unique impressions. Each instantiation of the included widget can be asked to run in unique or non-unique mode and they can be combined on the same page.[/list]
The full details are in the extension’s page: