[EXTENSION] Color picker (jQuery based)

Feel free to improve it, and to discuss the current implementation here.

http://www.yiiframew…on/colorpicker/

Please update the color picker widget, since a bug has been fixed. Read the extension page for more information.

colorpicker is not working

i find out the problem is the variable $value in EColorPicker.php.

/**

* The default color. String for hex color

* @var <type>

*/

private $value = ‘000000’;

i think that maybe there is a conflict when you use $value, if i change it to $value_test  it working fine. please check out .

I noticed the same thing. I changed the variable name but this widget still dont show up (just a text field visible). I also noticed that placing a color picker on the same page as date picker affects the latter (just a text field).

/Tommy

colorpicker is not working

i find out the problem is the variable $value in EColorPicker.php.

private $value = ‘000000’;

i think that maybe there is a conflict when you use $value, if i change it to $value_test  it working fine. please check out .

Please change the property to [tt]public $value[/tt], or download 1.4, which has the code I should have been uploaded in the first time. I mistakenly uploaded the wrong code, sorry  :-[

I noticed the same thing. I changed the variable name but this widget still dont show up (just a text field visible). I also noticed that placing a color picker on the same page as date picker affects the latter (just a text field).

Hi Tommy, maybe your using both examples without changing the [tt]name[/tt] property. This causes that both input fields have the same name. This should work fine:

<?php

$this->widget('application.extensions.juidatepicker.EDatePicker',

array(

'name'=>'dp',

'language'=>'pt_BR',

'mode'=>'imagebutton',

'dateFormat'=>'m-d-yy',

'fontSize'=>'0.8em',

'htmlOptions'=>array('size'=>10)

)

);

$this->widget('application.extensions.colorpicker.EColorPicker',

array(

'name'=>'cp',

'mode'=>'textfield',

'fade' => false,

'slide' => false,

'curtain' => true,

)

);

Notice that name is both the [tt]id[/tt] and the [tt]name[/tt] of the [tt]input[/tt] tag, which you'll use to get the values inside your controller. This is if your're not using a model. If you're using a model then the [tt]name[/tt] and [tt]id[/tt] will be the model's attribute name.

Thanks MetaYii,

I already had different names. I upgraded to 1.4 but still no luck. Then I tried Firefox 3 and it seems to work as expected. I verified IE6/IE7 both have the same problem.

/Tommy

I enabled the client script debugger and got an error message pointing me to line 133. Thus by removing a comma in EColorPicker.php line 395 the problem seems to be fixed. Works in IE6, IE7 and Firefox. The listing below ends in line 400.

$js =<<<EOP

$('#{$this->htmlOptions['id']}').ColorPicker({

{$js_effects}

onsubmit: function(hsb, hex, rgb) {

$('#{$this->htmlOptions['id']}').val(hex);

},

onBeforeShow: function() {

$(this).ColorPickerSetColor(this.value);

},

onchange: function(hsb, hex, rgb) {

$('#{$this->htmlOptions['id']}').val(hex);

}

})

.bind('keyup', function(){

$(this).ColorPickerSetColor(this.value);

});

EOP;

Wow… thanks a lot for finding and reporting this. I should get a Windows box, javascript is a mess on MSIE :cry:

Fixed on 1.5

first let me say nice job, i like the control.

one thing…  even though i set the 'value' option on creation (and/or subsequently), the hex gets set, but the RGB is always 255,0,0.

i've noticed  that if i flip between windows a few times (or tabs, or whatever might cause the screen to redraw i suppose) it eventually gets set correctly.

any thoughts?  thanks

Hello I’ve couple of problems with color picker:

1. I use it in a form and it perfectly saves the value to the database, but when I want to update the record it doesn’t read the value from the database and prompts the default value (“000000”). This is the portion of code in the form:

[html] <div class="row">

&lt;?php echo &#036;form-&gt;labelEx(&#036;model,'color'); ?&gt;

&lt;?php &#036;this-&gt;widget('application.extensions.colorpicker.EColorPicker', 

array(

'name'=&gt;'MyModel[color]',

'mode'=&gt;'textfield',

'fade' =&gt; false,

'slide' =&gt; false,

'curtain' =&gt; true,

)

); ?&gt;

&lt;?php echo &#036;form-&gt;error(&#036;model,'color'); ?&gt;

&lt;/div&gt;[/html]
  1. As you can see I had to set the name to "ModelName[field]". Could you add this to documentation for future users?

2. How can I represent the chosen color in the view/grid? I would normally use a square small <DIV> whose background is set to the chosen color, but I don’t know how to do it in Yii.