Empty Screen O No Output

Hello to everybody,

I’m new to Yii and I like it. Recently I’ve encountered a ‘no output’ problem. I’ve developed an application on Yii 1.1.12 on my local machine with PHP version 5.2.17 and it worked quite nice. Then I deployed it on a server running the same version of Yii and with PHP 5.3.18.

The problem is that under certain circumstances a controller action produces no result. More exactly, I when I press a button to trigger an action, my browser (Nightly 18.0a1) returns nothing, i.e. an empty screen. No error, no warning, no layout framework, just a blank page. I’ve managed to identify a source of the problem, therefore I decided to not present any code. I suspect that ‘simple image’ library might cause the problem, but I’m not sure.

I wonder whether somebody has encountered a similar situation or whether you know what might be a reason?

See server error logs.

Thanks for the idea. The latest record says:

012/11/09 18:17:41 [warning] [application] Failed to set unsafe attribute "id" of "Items". in

/home/.../private_html/protected/controllers/ItemsController.php (97) in

/home/.../public_html/index.php (13)

2012/11/09 18:17:41 [warning] [application] Failed to set unsafe attribute "timeupdated" of "Items". in /home/.../private_html/protected/controllers/ItemsController.php (97) in

2012/11/09 18:17:41 [warning] [application] Failed to set unsafe attribute "id" of "Categories". in

/home/.../protected/controllers/ItemsController.php (107) in

Now I’ll try to fix it.

Fixed the above issue about safe attributes but the problem remains.

No, I meant error_log of webserver, not YII’s.

Empty page can be caused by php or webserver error.