I usually dont do reviews, but this one is really worth it.
This eCommerce app looks really great & promising. Has very nice design, large set of functionalities (backend), is very fast and seems to be flexible for usage to sell into multiple countries - localisation support, tax zones/rates, shipping options etc.
I guess you have invested thousands of hours into development - this app is not one-man pretty-shitty application, like I’ve seen so many others. I also like assumed business model
- FREE community edition
- and paid PRO version with advanced features.
Many other platforms do it this way. Once stable, perhaps you might provide it as a cloud (SAAS) …
So here are my remarks:
- very sexy, well organized
- top menu with product could be higher (greater height)
- currently showing 12 categories - what if there are 50 cats? Submenu widget might suit.
- comparing the attributes - looks pretty simple ATM
- adding user reviews directly under the product - nice tool!
- social login not available (only empty title ATM) - I reckon this will come in the future … ?
- more filtering parameters would be nice, currently only “by brand”
- missing WATCHDOG function - e.g. follow if item will be a) available again or b) price falls under XXX USD and send notification email to me - quite common function
- checkout - there is placeholder “##NAVBAR_TITLE##” - missing replacement
- asking about the age is somewhat strange - perhaps if selling porn ? and then asking about the date of birth - whatfor … ? I checked I am under 18 and inserted date of birth 1954 - i was allowed to continue, perhaps improve the validation.
- templating/theming/skinning here might be a challenge here. It would be great to provide some basic tutorial or supply 2-3 templates along with basic installation to choose from. Templating e.g. is killing Oxid shop, which otherwise quite a nice platform, has very difficult and costy to create new custom themes.
- astonishing number of features, quite well organized in spite of complexity
- dashboard - looks nice, but perhaps it would be useful to allow configuring like widgets - just suggestion. Also I am not sure about performance if there are hundred thousands of purchases - making query for TODAY-WEEK-MONTH-YEAR-ALL TIME might be database killer …
- usage and flexibility might be only tested over time - shipping optins may differ from country to country …
- reports - one picture is worth 1000 words. Put charts at the top and allow date range filter.
- marketing tools - coupons, vouchers, featured products, banner manager, promotion actions, newsletter, chat … WAW & COOL if it works properly!
This is one of the best and most promising eCommerce platforms I have seen in a long time.
Keep it up, guys!