Detach Behaviors And Reduce Php Memory Leak Problem. How To?

Hello,

The problem:

using my model:

[font=Consolas,]$newModel = new Item(); [/font]

[font=Consolas,]$newModel->detachBehaviors();[/font]

[font=Consolas,]

[/font]

[font=Consolas,]this on OK, works, but then[/font]

[font=Consolas,]

[/font]

[font=Consolas,]new CActiveDataProvider($newModel,…) as I know executes findAll() and then each of Item class returned in findAll() list has all attached behaviors.[/font]

[font=Consolas,]

[/font]

[font=Consolas,]This makes memory leaks in php and a big memory usage.[/font]

[font=Consolas,]

[/font][font="Consolas, Lucida Console, monospace"][size=3]Anyone know the solution to disabling behaviors in my written way?[/size][/font][font="Consolas, Lucida Console, monospace"][size=3]

[/size][/font][font="Consolas, Lucida Console, monospace"][size=3]Thanks[/size][/font]

Hi ignis,

I may be wrong, because I’m not a PHP guru.

But I believe that you don’t have to worry about that.

1. Usually “memory leak” in PHP is, I think, something that we (application programmers) have no control at all. It’s something the developers of PHP language should be worried about. We can not make or avoid a memory leak intentionally.

Or maybe you are using the word "memory leak" differently.

1. I don’t think the attaching/detaching of the behaviors will considerably increase/decrease the memory usage of CActiveRecord (or CComponent in general). A behavior must be a little pointer (or something similar) in the object instance level, I guess.

I think a CActiveRecord instance should be already heavy and large without behaviors, so worrying about behaviors seems a little unreasonable to me.

Please correct me if I’m wrong. :) (@ignis and all)