Debug while creating rest services

So i am doing a small rest service following the guide, using the basic app.

I am using yii in dev mode:

error_reporting(-1);

ini_set('display_errors', 1);

defined('YII_DEBUG') or define('YII_DEBUG', true);

defined('YII_ENV') or define('YII_ENV', 'dev');

my log component looks like:

'log' => [

'traceLevel' => YII_DEBUG ? 3 : 0,

'targets'    => [

[

'class'  => 'yii\log\FileTarget',

'levels' => ['error', 'warning'],

],

],

],

Now, if i get a php error while developing in a rest controller, all i see in my screen is:

{

"name": "Internal Server Error",

"message": "There was an error at the server.",

"code": 0,

"status": 500

}

And that’s all there is to it, i mean, i should see lots more info in the dev, right?

I have to constantly check the app.log to find out what’s the deal since some of these errors don’t even come up in the debug module/toolbar.

While the the app log clearly says:

2016-01-25 14:46:22 [5.14.178.250][-][-][error][Error] 'Error: Undefined class constant \'SCENARIO_CREATE\' in /var/www/vhosts/domain.io/api/domain.io/modules/v1/controllers/UsersController.php:50

The debug module does not catch this, last entry is totally unrelated.

And there are plenty cases when there’s nothing logged into the app.log as well.

I am using php 7 on a linux environment with yii 2.0.6 and 2.0.7-dev if it helps.

Thanks.

Well it’s a bug alright.

yii\web\ErrorHandler::convertExceptionToArray() doesn’t cover the \Error buitln class in PHP.

So instead of :

if (!YII_DEBUG && !$exception instanceof UserException && !$exception instanceof HttpException) {

$exception = new HttpException(500, 'There was an error at the server.');

}

it should be

if (!YII_DEBUG && !$exception instanceof UserException && !$exception instanceof HttpException && !$exception instanceof \Error) {

$exception = new HttpException(500, 'There was an error at the server.');

}

L.E: Issue created at github: https://github.com/yiisoft/yii2/issues/10657