Date recurrence class

Just wanted to pass this along as I found it immensely helpful.

I really needed a date recursion library for my Yii project. In hindsight I could have written something using the new DateTime / DateInterval core objects but I didn’t have time!

Enter ‘When’, a recurrence library for php. Easy to calculate out a series of dates based on certain criteria. Check the docs and especially the unit tests for details.

https://github.com/tplaner/When#readme

My main gripe is that it is not written in Yii-style so it is a little hard to use. I might end up making a Yii extension using the concepts but I am using it as a 3rd party library with no issues so that will have to wait. Hope this helps someone.

Thanks for the link.

I need a widget for the UI to generate recurring events, but had no time for a extension ‘recurringevents’ until yet…

This code seems to save a lot of work :slight_smile:

Please let me know before you start implementing a Yii extensions based on ‘When’. We should not implement the same stuff, maybe we can work together.

I have released the extension recur.

Thanks, this one may be useful.

This looks exactly like what I was looking for, thanks! Unfortunately there is a small bug in the demo application…

“fullcalendar.php” should be CamelCased but isn’t.

/iole1

Hey,

Can you show me how save all events to my db?

Thanks you…

Joblo, I’m really need some more Usage info.

Big thanks.

Sorry, in the moment (and the next weeks) I’m not able to post more info here. I’m staying in a hospital :frowning:

But take a look at the demo with the remarks in the controller…

@Joblo swift recovery to you

Hi Joblo/all,

any update on usage information of recur. I am in need for the same. any help is appreciated.

Thanks