Creating a Yii "Dashboard"

Hi All,

I’ll be honest… I’m a novice developer, with very limited experience using Yii, however I’m trying to get to grips with it.

So far I’ve installed the application, linked everything to my database and Gii’d it all up. I’ve decided to implement Role Based Access Control (RBAC) and have managed to get that working. (Links to a “Role” column in my users table).

Ideally I am wanting 2 types of dashboards. The standard Yii dashboard (comes stock with the tool) will be the administrator dashboard, however I also want to have another "Dashboard" for the end users of the system.

The new dashboard will allow for people to perform similar actions to the administrator dashboard, however certain actions will be limited. I also want to make it attractive and will be using Yiibooster.

I’ve recently purchased “The Yii Book” and have spent a large amount of time searching online, however I’m having no luck. I have a feeling I need to create a new file within the “protected/views/site” directory, however I’m not sure how to get it all working.

Does anybody have a clue on how I can do this?

Thanks a lot