Creating A Sendgrid Extension

Hi guys,

So, I know how to use SendGrid 100% so I was thinking about creating an extension and, if it’s good, upload it here. The thing is I’m having some STUPID difficulties.

I’m creating an App component (with IApplicationComponent). I have not idea why but, it’s throwing me some include errors

include(Swift_DependencyContainer.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory

So, this is what I did:

I download the sendgrid-php file form Sendgrid which, basically, has everything to use Sendgrid with the Web API and/or with SMTP. I put the folder inside the components folder and to let Yii know where to look I add this

'import'=>array(

'application.components.sendgrid-php.*',

),

Thanks to that Yii can find my Component Class. Everything great so far, I put the command to send an email at the actionIndex of the website to test it and it throws this error:

include(Swift_DependencyContainer.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory

This is KILLING me. I know this happens in the

\sendgrid-php\lib\swift\dependency_maps\cache_deps.php(3)

file in the line that says

Swift_DependencyContainer::getInstance()

but, I have no idea why.

Is there something I need to import. I can find the sense on it since if I just test in my local machine with a testfile(without any Yii project ) it works fine and I can send emails.

PLEASE HELP ME!

Thanks haha

EDIT:

Ha! lol Yii is trying to include a file called “Swift_DependencyContainer.php” and of course it can’t include it because it doesn’t exists! the file is name “DependencyContainer.php” without the swift at first. I have no idea why Yii is putting the Swift_ at first ! ANY IDEAS ?

Yeah, it’s using bogus PEAR naming conventions. Are you including something that uses PEAR?

Don’t really know to be honest. I mean the Sendgrid folder does contain the Swift documentation and classes but, I don’t know what else.

Plus, is there something wrong with pear.php.net ? I’ve trying to enter the site for like a month now and it doesn’t work.