Composer.json in a mess (Yii 3)

Using PHP 8.3, I run

php composer.phar require yiisoft/db

And get

- yiisoft/db dev-old-master requires yiisoft/data 3.0.x-dev -> found yiisoft/data[dev-json-serializable,
  dev-master, dev-improve, 1.0.0, 1.0.1] but it does not match the constraint.

I am not able to restore my composer.json to a valid state. Tried to remove everything mentioning yiisoft, removing composer.lock, remove vendor/ folder. Tips…?

Edit, hm removing composer.json too actually made it possible to run above command.

Also, what’s the status of current active-record package?

Could not find a version of package yiisoft/active-record matching your minimum-stability (stable). Require it with an explicit version constraint allowing its desired stability.

What’s the recommended version?

Hm also this

- yiisoft/request-body-parser 1.0.0 requires psr/container 1.0.0 -> found psr/container[1.0.0] but it conflicts with your root composer.json require (^2.0).
- yiisoft/request-body-parser 1.1.0 requires psr/http-message-implementation 1.0 -> could not be found in any version, but the following packages provide it:

Had to explicitly give version when requiring a package, like 3.0.x-dev, for a number of packages, but that’s how it is. :slight_smile:

17:13 < olle> - yiisoft/router 1.0.0 requires psr/container ^1.0 → found psr/container[1.0.0, 1.1.0, 1.1.1, 1.1.2] but it conflicts with your root composer.json require (^2.0).

Can you explain what you are trying to do? Your post is more of complains lacking basic information for one asking for help!