Collecting date input

What would be the best way to collect date input from the user? In my current project, I want to let the users be able to enter their birthdates. Now, I've thought of a couple of different ways to do this, but none of them are particulary clean (they're dirty in the sense that the code looks like crap) and do not feel like the "Yii way". So, what would be the preferred way of letting users enter date information? I'm using a model that extends CFormModel and would like, if possible, to, uh, "combine" this with the date input.

You may try this extension: http://www.yiiframew…/juidatepicker/

We do plan to provide a date input widget in the 1.1 release, but that is tentatively set for 1.1 release.

Ah, I see. I probably should’ve been able to find that one that myself. Sorry :P

You may try this extension: http://www.yiiframew.../juidatepicker/

We do plan to provide a date input widget in the 1.1 release, but that is tentatively set for 1.1 release.

What's your plan for this, Qiang?

I haven't got time to think about this.  I am busy working on the blog tutorial at the moment. I think the datepicker will be the next of my top priorities since it is widely used.

I haven't got time to think about this.  I am busy working on the blog tutorial at the moment. I think the datepicker will be the next of my top priorities since it is widely used.

for sure!  ;D

hi,

this argument is in the forum since the first day…now we are finishing the first important project in yii and actually there is no datepicker.

the widget is not a solution because when you include the official one we have to change code and it doesn't have unix timestamp as the datepicker in prado.

you have promised it in 1.1 I know but it is planned in october!!! it is a really important feature for everyone so it is possible to have a propotype in the next days?

You should not wait. Creating a datepicker for your project isn't difficult. But when creating it so that it can be included in the framework, it's a big task because we need to consider every aspect about customization. As I said, this is set for 1.1 release. I need to allocate my time to different priorities.

the widget is not a solution because when you include the official one we have to change code and it doesn't have unix timestamp as the datepicker in prado.

Hmm, may you please clarify the sentence "it doesn't have unix timestamp as the datepiker in prado"? You can suggest features for the extension in the extensions forum, in the corresponding thread, BTW.

Salut.