Codeception With Composer Has Issues

I have some problems with getting codeception to run properly with my Yii app. I have not yet used the Yii1 module as I am using Selenium with acceptance tests only.

I created a composer.json in my protected/tests directory and installed codeception using composer. Then I created a first acceptance test using

/myYiproject/protected/tests$ ./vendor/codeception/codeception/codecept bootstrap

/myYiproject/protected/tests$ ./vendor/codeception/codeception/codecept generate:cept acceptance registration

/myYiproject/protected/tests$ ./vendor/codeception/codeception/codecept build

Running the tests results in errors that methods cannot be found, so I am assuming some issues with autoloading perhaps.

/myYiproject/protected/tests$ ./vendor/codeception/codeception/codecept run acceptance -d

Codeception PHP Testing Framework v1.8.3