Change page width

Hello,

I am working with some fairly large tables which gives me a little trouble with the CRUD admin view being to small.

How can I increase the page width?

Regards

Waws

I have the same scenario.

Any assistance would be appreciated. There doesn’t seem to be much information about this at this point in time.

FYI, I have tried hacking the width:950px in div.container in \framework\cli\views\webapp\css\screen.css but it seems to have no effect on the page width.

Regards,

Grant

Check all your CSS files…

I just tried to change

.container {width:950px;margin:0 auto;}

to

.container {width:1024px;margin:0 auto;}

but not in the framework file (that is not good to change)…

you need to change the file /css/screen.css in your application folder…

the with of the page is increased to 1024px

It certainly works!

Thanks for your quick response.

Regards,

Grant

To give a complete solution for the benefit of those who have this same situation (please, correct me if I’m wrong)…

As well as increasing the page width as above, the space for the CGridView widget itself needs to be widened so that the CGridView will expand to fill it:

Open the file \protected\views\layouts\column2.php in your application folder.

Change the content width from default <div class="span-19"> to anything up to <div class="span-24">.

Note each next span-xx goes up by increments of width 40px. So the maximum span number you can fit in (before you tip the menu widget to the bottom of the page) will depend on how many extra 40px you have given yourself in the page width (beyond the default of 950px shown in the comments above).

Grant

In the column2.php file you can change the class of the div, in my case I changed it from span-19 to span-23:

<div class="span-23">

<div id="content">

<?php echo $content; ?>

</div><!-- content -->

</div>