CGridView, name, 3 depths

Hi All

A lot of forum posts deal (moreorless) to this topic, but I can’t fnd solution to my problem.

I have a CGridView which is intended to display data of a specific model and data of others models (linked by belongsTo or Many, relationships)

I have a Marque (ex Volvo, Chrysler) which has several Modeles (V50 for Volvo for instance) And a Modele has several Version (A V50 could be 1.6l or 2.0l …)

I have this code:

<?php $this->widget('zii.widgets.grid.CGridView', array(

'id'=>'admin-version-grid',

'dataProvider'=>$model->search(),

'filter'=>$model,

'columns'=>array(

'id',

'nom',

array(//here is my problem, I have the name of the Marque displayed => OK But I can't perform any filter on it

'header'=>'Marque',

'name'=>'modele.marque.nom',

'sortable'=>true,

//'value'=>'AdminMarque::model()->findByPk(AdminModele::model()->findByPk($data->modele_id)->marque_id)->nom',

//'filter'=>CHtml::listData(AdminMarque::model()->findAll(), 'id', 'nom'),

),

array(

'name'=>'modele_id',

'value'=>'AdminMotorisation::model()->findByPk($data->modele_id)->nom',

),

array(

'name'=>'motorisation_id',

'value'=>'AdminMotorisation::model()->findByPk($data->motorisation_id)->nom',

),

array(

'class'=>'CButtonColumn',

),

),

)); ?>

I attached an image to have a look.

I also try with the commented line (that I de commented)

//'value'=>'AdminMarque::model()->findByPk(AdminModele::model()->findByPk($data->modele_id)->marque_id)->nom',

//'filter'=>CHtml::listData(AdminMarque::model()->findAll(), 'id', 'nom'),

But it is still the same problem …

I turn crazy…

Does someone have some hints ?

Thanks

The thing that I do not understand is that I can get value of “Marque” (trademark)but I’m unable to build a filter for this field…

More Or less similar topics deals with table "A" and table "B" and how create filter/sort values in a CGridView

In my case it is "A" which has several "B" which has several "C" and building a CgridView

I can get data from "A"(A.nom) due to relation b.a (b relation declared in C model, and a relation declared in B model)

But impossible to build a filter on A.nom values

Is it a strange design ? (I mean shall I build another table (I doubt but …)) ?

Thanks

Use a function for filter:

array(

'header'=>'Marque',

'value'=>'AdminMarque::model()->findByPk(AdminModele::model()->findByPk($data->modele_id)->marque_id)->nom',

'filter'=>getMarqueFilter()

),

And the function:

function getMarqueFilter() {

$marque_arr = array();

foreach(AdminMarque::model()->findAllByAttributes(array('whatever'=>'whatever')) as $marque) { //obviously change this depending on the model/attributes you want to search

$marque_arr[$marque->nom] = $marque->nom;

}

return $marque_arr;

}

Thanks Clint,

1/ I declare public static the filter function in AdminMarque model

2/ the $marque_arr contains BMW and Audi for instance, but the CGridView stays without filter box on this Marque field

And a hint

when

is given in a Column it is not necessary (and it seems to be the non good way to do) to specifiy the ‘value’ field

'value'=>'AdminMarque::model()->findByPk(AdminModele::model()->findByPk($data->modele_id)->marque_id)->nom',

'filter'=>getMarqueFilter()

By declaring

data are populated into the CGridView

But however my problem still exists. I can’t have a filter on my data when modele.marque.nom …

I modified my Search() method in order to provide data for the CGridView but I have an SQL error saying that column modele.marque.nom doesn’t exist.

in my Relation

return array(

'modele'       =>array(self::BELONGS_TO,'AdminModele','modele_id'),

'motorisation' =>array(self::BELONGS_TO,'AdminMotorisation','motorisation_id'),

);

public function searchG()

{

// Warning: Please modify the following code to remove attributes that

// should not be searched.

$criteria=new CDbCriteria;

$criteria->compare('id',$this->id);

$criteria->compare('nom',$this->nom,true);

$criteria->with=array('modele','motorisation','modele.marque');

$criteria->addSearchCondition('modele.nom',$this->modele_id,true); // Work well

$criteria->addSearchCondition('motorisation.nom',$this->motorisation_id,true); // Work well

// La marque

$criteria->addSearchCondition('modele.marque.nom',$this->marque_nom,true);// Generate the error...

$data = new CActiveDataProvider(get_class($this), array(

'criteria'=>$criteria));

return $data;

}

marque_nom is a public variable that I added in my model because it seems to be a way to collect data from the second table (modele.marque)

Does someone already have this configuration of searching, a.b.c (modele.marque.nom)

---- This is the SQL command

SELECT COUNT(DISTINCT `t`.`id`) FROM `tbl_version` `t`  

LEFT OUTER JOIN `tbl_modele` `modele` ON (`t`.`modele_id`=`modele`.`id`)  

LEFT OUTER JOIN `tbl_marque` `marque` ON (`modele`.`marque_id`=`marque`.`id`)  

LEFT OUTER JOIN `tbl_motorisation` `motorisation` ON (`t`.`motorisation_id`=`motorisation`.`id`)  

WHERE (modele.marque.nom LIKE :ycp0)

Problem is that modele.marque.nom is a valid column but Yii generates an Exception

The good deal would be to have

WHERE (marque.nom LIKE :ycp0)

OK I found (But I would be unable to say why it works…seems me like Voodoo

In my Search I replace

$criteria->addSearchCondition('modele.marque.nom',$this->marque_nom,true);

By

$criteria->addSearchCondition('marque.nom',$this->marque_nom,true);

And I obtain my filter on my data

Thing that I can’t understand is how the system knows the relation marque without modele.marque because in the model just exists ‘modele’ relation

I wish I could explain more but I am still learning as well, a lot of this stuff does seem like Voodoo, in particular with the CGridView.