CGridView - conditional CLinkColumns

I have a CGridView in which I would like a particular column to display a hyperlink or standard unclickable text depending on a data field for that row. I tried using a CLinkColumn with the urlExpression property set. The problem is that this creates a hyperlink even when I want to revert to standard text (the best I can do is use a ‘#’ URL for what should be standard text).

$columns[]=array(

'class'=>'CLinkColumn',

'header'=>'Challenge',

'labelExpression'=>'($data->player->underChallenge==1 ? "Under Challenge" : "Challenge Player")',

'urlExpression'=>'($data->player->underChallenge!=1) ? Yii::app()->createUrl("player/view",array("id"=>$data->player->id)) : "#"',

'cssClassExpression'=>'($data->player->underChallenge==1 ? " challenged" : "")',  

);

Is there a standard Yii way to achieve this? Or does it require a creative workaround?

Any input would be much appreciated.

I think you can use the regular CDataColumn with the ‘type’ property set to ‘raw’, and give the ‘value’ property the expression to be evaluated.

$columns[]=array(

/* 'class'=>'CDataColumn', */ /* it's the default */

'header'=>'Challenge',

'type'=>'raw',

'value'=>'($data->player->underChallenge!=1)

? CHtml::link("ChalengePlayer", array("player/view", "id"=>$data->player->id))

: "Under Challenge"',

);

Fantastic! That’s just what I was looking for. I knew what I wanted to do, but not how to do it!

Many thanks.

Hi there,

is there any way to set conditional content for CButtonColumn(s)?

I’m trying something like this in defining a button named ‘advance’:

'buttons'=>array

(

'advance' => array

(

'label'=>'$data["division"]->canDivisionAdvance() ? Yii::t("app", "Advance division") : Yii::t("app", "Cannot advance division")',

'imageUrl'=>...,

'url'=>'Yii::app()->createUrl("/tournamentdivision/advance", array("id"=>$data["id"]))',

),

What I get as label for my button is:

$data["division"]->canDivisionAdvance() ? Yii::t("app", "Advance division") : Yii::t("app", "Cannot advance division")

That is, I get the whole line, as if the expression wouldn’t be evaluated.

Thanks for any hint or suggestion.

rash*