CGlobalStateCacheDependency COutputCache invalidation performance?

Hi,

I’m using COutputCache to cache the new index, news pages and feed pages on my new site and had a requirement to invalidate these at will, I worked out that I could use CGlobalStateCacheDependency with a unique key and then simply change that particular state when I wished to invalidate the output cache. My only concern however is performance, I understand that the GlobalState is stored in the runtime/state.bin file, does this mean that every time someone hits one of my cached pages Yii is reading that file or does it cache the state in Cache() ?

Here’s some code snippets:

From FeedsController:

public function filters()

{

$newsDependency = New CGlobalStateCacheDependency('cacheNews');

return array(

array(                                          // Cache RSS feeds

'COutputCache',

'duration'=>900,    // 15 minutes

'dependency'=>$newsDependency,

),

);

}

From my model whenever I need to invalidate anything which has the ‘cacheNews’ dependency:

Yii::app()->setGlobalState('cacheNews', microtime(true));

This works really well but again I’m concerned about performance and scalability.

From the Yii sourcecode (below) it’s clear to see that globalState is stored in the Yii::app() object or loaded if its not and it looks like loadGlobalState() uses CStatePersister which does indeed use the cache()… Please correct me if I’m wrong.

/**

* Returns a global value.

* A global value is one that is persistent across users sessions and requests.

* @param string $key the name of the value to be returned

* @param mixed $defaultValue the default value. If the named global value is not found, this will be returned instead.

* @return mixed the named global value

* @see setGlobalState

*/

public function getGlobalState($key,$defaultValue=null)

{

if($this->_globalState===null)

$this->loadGlobalState();

if(isset($this->_globalState[$key]))

return $this->_globalState[$key];

else

return $defaultValue;

}